Web Team Lead
- Algonquin College, Ottawa, ON, Canada
- Job Category
- Marketing & Communications
- Job Type
*Please apply on, or prior to July 14th as the posting closes at 12:01 am July 15th.
Web marketing has become a critical component of Algonquin College’s marketing and recruitment efforts. The Web Team Lead is the expert the College relies upon to provide the leadership, insight and experience necessary to proactively and creatively design, develop, coordinate and enhance the Algonquin College web site. The incumbent will manage web projects by gathering and approving requirements, creating project estimates, meeting deadlines and insuring quality deliverables. Leveraging strong project planning, business analysis and technical and communication skills, the incumbent will provide guidance and expert support to the Marketing Web Team. The incumbent is expected to contribute to the development of more junior members of the Web team and to ensure assigned team deliverables are completed to a satisfactory level. The incumbent will provide ongoing benchmarking and analysis of market and competitive landscapes, along with innovative approaches to building the College’s web profile for current and future students, as well as other external stakeholders. The incumbent is responsible for ensuring that website creation and development promote consistent college branding and web design.
Reporting to the Director of Marketing, the incumbent is responsible for translating marketing objectives into web strategies, development of promotional and advertising plans, rate negotiations, implementation and post infrastructure review in the production of web and mobile collateral undertaken by the College Marketing department for the College Community to promote the College to the outside world.
The incumbent will monitor, select and apply best practices ensuring the College website is evolving to meet the needs of our various audiences with changing demographics. He/she will assist in annual and long term planning for the department identifying strategies to further enhance our web marketing channel. In doing this, the incumbent will prepare and deliver informal and formal presentations to own team, department, committees within the College, and business partners.
- Minimum three (3) year diploma/degree or equivalent in Information Technology or Computer Science or in a similar field of study
- Minimum five (5) years experience in project management and leading a web marketing team, the incumbent must possess experience in design and development of a wide range of web and mobile projects, ranging in complexity, demonstrating the ability to effectively lead colleagues through projects from concept to completion.
- Experience in the following areas:
- Skilled use of web analytics and marketing intelligence analysis to deliver results-driven decisions;
- Proficiency with research, understanding industry trends and communication platforms;
- Project management processes ensuring quality outputs that span multiple stakeholder groups delivering exceptional client results and project success;
- Thorough knowledge and practical skills using content management systems including knowledge of WordPress widgets, themes and plugins, Php, html, and CSS in the development and support of web systems;
- Experience working with an online integrated Client Relationship Management (CRM) system is considered an asset;
- Ability to take initiative in seeking new opportunities and in bring forth a plan to deliver with minimal supervision;
- Excellent communications skills; both oral and written;
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate and work effectively within a team environment;
- Comprehensive knowledge in providing excellent customer service;
- Detail oriented with good time management skills and the ability to prioritize in a fast paced environment;
* This position is paid at Payband J
* Vacancy is for P01613
Algonquin College values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. We offer an inclusive work environment and encourage applications from all qualified individuals. However internal candidates will receive first consideration based on qualifications. If you are invited for an interview, please notify us of any particular adaptive measures you may require. Workplace accommodations are available. While we thank all those who apply, only those to be interviewed will be contacted.
For a copy of the complete job description please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Similar searches: Marketing & Communications