Digital and Media Lead
BCIT’s Marketing and Communications department is seeking a regular, full-time Digital and Media Lead. As a member of the Marketing and Communications (MarComm) team, the Digital and Media Lead is the key conduit between the internal Marketing and Communications strategy team and external media vendors and/or media agency partners. This position supervises two Social Media Strategists.
Leading all things digital and paid media, the Lead is responsible for the strategic development, and performance optimization of advertising campaigns and amplification with social media. The Lead advises and shapes paid media strategy and planning; tracks, reports and optimizes advertising and campaign landing pages based on performance metrics and web analytics. Providing support to the Social Media Strategists, the Lead ensures an integrated presence on social and paid media.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Acts as the lead for paid media planning (offline and online).
- Directs the media agency and internal workflow associated with all media buys.
- Develops workable budgets, work plans and realistic timetables. Provides status reports to agency and MarComm strategy and creative teams.
- Liaises with Marketing Strategists to determine media requirements for integrated marketing initiatives and provides recommendations to the strategist.
- Engages and works closely with agency partners in the development of strategy, execution and measurement.
- Coordinates the development and provision of advertising content and media, including:
- Initiating, managing and distributing media plans and deliverables;
- Collaborating with stakeholders and/or agency partners on strategy, timing, location and weight of the planned buy;
- Working closely with and informs the strategic team of proposed media plans, campaign performance, and refinement of campaign strategy and tactics;
- Collaborating on campaign project management from initiation to completion;
- May be called upon to act as a producer on campaigns, including: engaging photographer and videographer, coordinating talent and locations, and releases;
- Providing advice internally on the development of advertising copy, graphics, photography, video, etc. in terms of suitability for the medium;
- Ensuring that all copy and design submitted complies with the Institute’s brand guidelines;
- Tests and reviews deliverables prior to submission to agency.
- Sponsorships and partnerships: assesses all media opportunities, negotiates, tracks and measures value for money.
- Monitors and reconciles campaign expenditures with agency partners against committed budgets, working with MarComm budget managers and Finance, initiates internal cross-charges and takes corrective action to ensure campaigns remain within budget and are reconciled.
- Oversees campaign optimizations based on analytics. This includes media placement and targeting, content ranging from copy to digital assets.
- Reviews copy and design submitted for campus advertising networks by external advertising contractors to ensure compliance with the BCIT Advertising Policy, as well as composition and placement of advertising in accordance with signed agreements. Acts as a primary contact for the daily administration of the on-campus networks.
- Collaborates closely with BCIT analytics and research resources to ensure best practices in data collection, campaign tracking and reporting, dashboard creation and optimization.
- Supervises Social Media Strategist team, providing guidance and input into leveraging the content calendar and integration of campaigns on various platforms.
- Shapes and oversees the social media scorecard.
- Shares insights on new and emerging trends and best practices in media with MarComm.
- Participates in Records Custodian training and remains current with record keeping practices, policies and procedures (both BCIT and FOIPOP).
- Undertakes related duties as assigned, consistent with the job grade for this position.
BENEFITS OF WORKING AT BCIT:
- Being a part of BC's Top 100 Employers, and a member of the CCDI.
- A generous Total Compensation package which includes extended health and dental benefits and a pension plan.
- Access to Professional Development Funds and opportunities for career development.
- Increase your knowledge with Tuition waivers for BCIT courses.
- Enjoy subsidized parking and discounted access to our fitness facilities (including classes like Yoga and Zumba).
- Additional Wellness and Employee Assistance programs.
- Completion of a Diploma of Technology or equivalent with a specialization in marketing communications and/or media planning.
- Two years of general experience plus five or more years of practical, current experience in a similar position in a marketing department or agency. Experience working in a media agency required.
- Must have supervisory experience including providing performance feedback and conflict resolution within a team environment.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Technical skills including word processing, project management and spreadsheets.
- Versed in paid media and social media best practices, content calendars and management platforms.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Sound judgment, tact and discretion when dealing with sensitive and confidential matter.
- Thrives in a collaborative team environment and is experienced in working with external agencies and partners.
- Highly versed in terminology used in the paid media, digital and offline industry.
- Problem-solving and strategic expertise.
- Must be comfortable with campaign performance reporting and providing recommendations to agency partners and MarComm team.
- Excellent planning and organization skills.
- Ability to set priorities, multitask, work under stress and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Experience working within a paid media agency.
*Please note: These are the minimum required qualifications. This position is a dayshift position as defined in Article 14.1 of the Collective Agreement.
July 22, 2019
Pay Grade 10; $57,734 with yearly increments to $62,646 per annum.
June 8, 2019
June 29, 2019
BCIT offers a competitive salary, generous benefits package and promotes an inclusive workplace. BCIT is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Only successful candidates will be required to have transcripts submitted directly to BCIT’s Human Resources Department directly from granting institution at the time of reference checks. If applicable, successful candidates will be responsible for the completion of international credential evaluations. All appointments will be conditional until receipt of verified credentials.
To apply, visit us at careers.bcit.ca
We are only able to accept applications that are submitted on the BCIT Careers website
Similar searches: Marketing & Communications