Marketing & Communications Assistant
Are you excited about the idea of showing off your writing skills, contributing to a rebrand project, and learning the ins and outs of website planning? Are you looking for a position that allows you to work remotely and independently in a collaborative environment?
The Institute of Professional Bookkeepers of Canada (IPBC) is currently seeking a temporary Marketing & Communications Assistant.
The Marketing & Communications Assistant (remote position) will support marketing, communications, and social media requirements to create effective, thoughtful, and impactful communications for the IPBC. Our organization is in the process of a full rebrand that includes our logo, brand guidelines, website, social media, email communications, and collateral. You'll work closely with the Manager, Marketing, Communications & Brand.
We are seeking a self-starter, as this a work from home position, with a passion for communications and the ability to manage multiple priorities. You'll be working in a collaborative environment with the opportunity to contribute your skills and insights to this exciting project. The ideal candidate is eager to learn and open to feedback.
Duration & Salary:
3 month full-time, temporary contract with the possibility of extension (equivalent to $43,000/year)
- Perform a detailed content audit of the IPBC website.
- Share ideas and assist in writing clear and effective messaging for the website, marketing collateral, and other communication tools, as needed.
- Help design a sitemap and user flows for our current and new website to enhance user experience.
- Assist in the development, coordination, and execution of the social media strategy for our upcoming conference and the rebrand project.
- Develop graphic design materials, including social media graphics, web content, and marketing collateral, as needed.
- Update the IPBC IGNITE conference website, as needed.
- Additional tasks, as required.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Skilled at writing clear, creative, and effective copy with a distinct voice.
- Ability to simplify complex information, developing clear communications that inform, inspire, engage, and educate key audiences.
- Resourceful and creative with the ability to conduct comprehensive and thorough research.
- Demonstrated experience using social media platforms and ability to create effective and engaging social media posts
- Experience developing and launching a social media strategy.
- Professional and well organized with a strong work ethic and ability to meet deadlines.
- Competency in Microsoft including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Completion of a Marketing & Communications or Journalism program, or related field.
- At least 2 years of work experience.
- Some experience using website platforms is a plus, but not required.
Please include a cover letter with your application that communicates “What makes you the ideal candidate for this position”, as well as writing samples or a link to your portfolio.
Similar searches: Marketing & Communications