Manager, Sales Administration - Media Solutions (English Services) - TOR08537
Manager, Sales Administration - Media Solutions (English Services) - TOR08537
Job Family: Revenue
Primary Location: Toronto
Status of Employment: Permanent, Full-time
Work at CBC/Radio-Canada
At CBC/Radio-Canada, we create content that informs, entertains and connects Canadians on multiple platforms. Our successes and accomplishments are driven by embodying and upholding values, which include creativity, integrity, inclusiveness and relevance.
Do you think you have the ability and drive to keep up with this exciting, ever-changing industry? Whether it be in front of the camera, on air, online or behind the scenes, you would be joining a team that thrives on making connections and telling stories that are important to Canadians.
The Manager, Sales Administration will be responsible for monitoring commercial inventory and discrepancy levels, will manage key programs and/or business issues affecting customer service staff, sales contracts and clients commitments and will manage the key workload of the Sales Administration team.
The Manager, Sales Administration will direct and manage the activities of the Account Coordinators, Account Specialists and Sponsorship Coordinators in Toronto and provide direction and guidance to teams across the country. You will develop and direct implementation of customer service strategies, processes and guidelines across CBC & Radio-Canada Media Solutions along with the New York Impulse Media group to ensure revenue retention and client satisfaction. The Manager will consult with Sales, Marketing, Revenue Optimization, Business Reporting & Analysis, Traffic, and Credit & Collections teams to facilitate client relationships, improve operational efficiency, and ensure accurate execution of client bookings, execution and billing.
The Manager will be a motivated self-starter who has strong decision-making and problem solving skills. You will oversee master data control, customer service, management of direct reports and coordinate training and development opportunities. You will maintain best practices and reporting to monitor and track customer service concerns. The Manager will have excellent interdepartmental communication, business writing skills, project management, presentation-building and business development skills.
- Manage and establish sales administration policies and procedures for the team to maximize customer service, efficiency and effectiveness.
- Manage and develop effective business solutions for external clients and internal departments to accommodate client contract requirements.
- Lead the development of creative resolution strategies for difficult problems and customer issues.
- Assist in account payable & discrepancy resolution where required.
- Monitor commercial inventory and discrepancy levels and recommend changes to inventory allocation to better utilize last minute inventory to maximize and maintain revenue.
- Identify and manage key program or business issues affecting customer service staff, sales contracts & client commitments.
- Research and analyze information to determine impacts to resources, processes or workload. Develop contingency plans and alternate work methods to ensure resources are prepared and information is communicated to allow staff to do their jobs effectively and efficiently.
- Regularly meet with members of the Media Solutions Leadership teams to develop strategic goals on retaining revenue, monetizing additional assets and providing industry leading, best-in-class customer service.
- Maintain strong relationships with external stakeholders, directing them in strategy and processes to ensure CBC delivery of client expectations
- Plan, assign and manage the work of others. Establish hiring criteria, identify performance indicators, and implement best practices for the Sales Administration team including performance management.
- Create, develop and modify strategies to assist the team in developing and maintaining positive client relationships and ensure revenue targets are met, particularly when impacted by program changes, and live events.
- Provide advice and guidance to advertising customers, support staff and sales representatives regarding sales practices and procedures, deadlines, etc.
- Negotiate with and provide advice and guidance to various CBC/Radio-Canada departments (Finance, Credit and Collections, etc.), to ensure commercial revenue is maximized and retained.
- Create and develop management reports to assist in monitoring and tracking customer service issues and to table customer service concerns.
- Analyze and investigate issues and develop and implement best practices based on researching and surveying the industry.
- Perform gap and risk analysis to ensure changes to process in customer service do not negatively impact external areas. Work with external stakeholders to affect/implement change as necessary.
- Compile, research and execute special projects and management reports to assist in monitoring revenue, delinquent client accounts, client activity, etc. and to table administration and billing.
- Coordinate the completion of the monthly sales billing and resolve billing issues such as confirmation of logs by presentation.
- Lead and coordinate all activities for special projects, such as Election advertising, and Olympics.
- Create and maintain customer and sales profiles for CBC/Radio-Canada Media Solutions for all sales locations across the country.
We are looking for a candidate with the following qualifications:
- Post-secondary education in Business, Media or Marketing preferred or a combination of education and experience.
- Three to five years of related experience in Broadcasting, Media or Marketing is required.
- Strong knowledge of marketing and advertising products across television, audio, digital, social media, and mobile platforms.
- Must be well-versed in MS Office (Excel and PowerPoint) and Google Suite product offerings (Sheets, Docs and Slides), with the ability to tell a story through presentation materials.
- Demonstrates strong initiative and ability to provide sound judgment in decision making.
- At least (5) five years of management experience, with an outstanding ability to lead and motivate staff. Experience managing staff in a unionized environment is a strong asset.
- Innovative problem solving skills and with an ability to think outside the box in order to compete in a fast-paced, competitive environment.
- Strong quantitative analytical skills to market, industry and internal research/data are critical.
- Excellent ability to think and act strategically to ensure the correct activities are completed, in support of business objectives.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills (verbal and written).
- Strong negotiation skills required when dealing with internal stakeholders.
- Excellent project, budget and time management skills are required, to handle multiple, varied priorities on a regular basis with many critical deadlines.
- Embody Media Solutions values: creativity, relevance, integrity and inclusiveness.
- Bilingualism in English & French is considered a strong asset.
Candidates may be subject to skills and knowledge testing.
All employees of CBC/Radio-Canada are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as of December 1st, 2021 unless exempted based on a medical/religious ground. As per this requirement, employees must attest to their vaccination status. The requirement for employees to be fully vaccinated applies whether they are teleworking, working remotely or working on-site. This is a condition of employment and it applies to all employees. Should you reach the point in the selection process where it is necessary to verify if you meet the conditions of employment, you will be asked to provide an attestation confirming your COVID-19 vaccination status.
If this sounds interesting, please click on ''Apply online''. We thank all applicants for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
CBC/Radio-Canada is committed to being a leader in reflecting our country’s diversity. That’s because we can only create and tell the stories that connect Canadians, by having a workforce that mirrors the ever-changing makeup of our country. That’s why we, as an employer, value equal opportunity and nurture an inclusive workplace where our individual differences are not only recognized and valued, but also extend to and pervade all the services we provide as Canada’s public broadcaster. For more information, visit the Diversity and Inclusion section of our website. If you have accommodation needs at this stage of the recruitment process, please inform us as soon as possible by sending an e-mail to email@example.com
You are invited to consult and familiarize yourself with our Code of Conduct, which can be found on our corporate website. All employees must adhere to the Code as a condition of employment. We also invite you to take a look at our policy on conflicts of interest. In the event that you become an employee, it will be important to inform us, as quickly as possible, of any situation that, because of your hiring, constitutes or could appear to constitute a conflict of interest.
Please apply online at: https://rita.illicohodes.com/go/6284f97ce19f5c477b9b1ed8/51fc022158b70066fae49f3e/en