SENIOR ADVISOR, DIGITAL COMMUNICATION (100551)
- Toronto Ontario
- Job Category
- Marketing & Communications
Employee Status: Regular
Bargaining Unit: Non-Union
Pay Range: $87,009 - $118,257
Location: 97 Front Street West
Closing Date: 12-May-2022
Metrolinx is connecting communities across the Greater Golden Horseshoe. Metrolinx operates GO Transit and UP Express, as well as the PRESTO fare payment system. We are also building new and improved rapid transit, including GO Expansion, Light Rail Transit routes, and major expansions to Toronto’s subway system, to get people where they need to go, better, faster and easier. Metrolinx is an agency of the Government of Ontario.
We embody our values in everything that we do. We Serve with Passion, Think Forward, and Play as a Team. If you can relate, we want to hear from you!
The Senior Advisors, Digital Communication play a critical role in Communication & Engagement working cross functionally to develop and execute both content strategy and product development. The successful candidates have deep experience in the application of digital strategies for community, stakeholder and public relations. Candidates will have a proven history of working and building relationships across enabling partners such as product, marketing and information technology. This is an exciting and challenging opportunity for candidates capable of applying digital marketing techniques through virtual events, email, websites, social, CRM, etc. to the practice of communications and public engagement.
What will I be doing?
- Handles complex situations and multiple responsibilities independently to support the digital communications agenda; identifies emerging issues and urgency of immediate demands; mediates and resolves conflicts associated with issues, ongoing work, and between competing projects
- Assesses and analyzes digital communications business operations to effectively evaluate options and manage programs and special projects within established timelines
- Interacts and/or works with cross functional teams, advisory committees, Boards and stakeholders to progress digital projects and initiatives, manages distribution of information, provides updates and utilizes influencing skills to achieve desired outcomes
- Prepares digital communications plans, communicates the implementation of initiatives, standards, and designs to various business units
- Contributes to development of policies, directives, procedures, and program implementation standards that support business unit operations
- Responds to enquiries, provides advice, and makes decisions in accordance with established legislation, policies and procedures
- Guides and influences others in performance of their day-to-day activities, without direct supervisory responsibility
Number of positions: 2 (two)
What skills & qualifications do I need?
- Completion of a degree in Communications, Public Relations, or related field – or a combination of education, training and experience deemed equivalent
- Minimum six (6) years’ experience, ideally in the public sector, developing communications materials; managing special projects, complex and sensitive issues/tasks, timely flow of information along with stakeholder interaction.
- Knowledge of the theory, principles, and practices of communications and public relations
- Project management to plan, organize, and coordinate internal and external resources engaged in communications project activities to meet timelines, budget limitations, and adhere to quality control
- Strong influencing/negotiating as well as political acumen capabilities to deal with a variety of stakeholders, agencies and staff to ensure successful outcomes and achieve goals.
- Analytical skills to analyze business needs, and identify and assess communications risks and impacts on company reputation and develop recommendations for corrective action
- Familiarity and experience working with the diverse communities that make up the region
- Ability to communicate in French or other language is an asset
Accommodation will be provided throughout the hiring process, as required. Applicants must make their needs known in advance.
All applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada. Metrolinx will be using email to communicate with you for all job competitions. It is your responsibility to include an updated email address that is checked daily and accepts emails from unknown users. As we send time sensitive correspondence, we recommend that you check your email regularly. If no response is received, we will assume you are no longer interested in pursuing the opportunity. Please be advised that a Criminal Record Check may be required of the successful candidate. Should it be determined that any background information provided be misleading, inaccurate or incorrect, Metrolinx reserves the right to discontinue with the consideration of your application.
To apply for this position, please submit your resume online through https://ehtc.fa.ca2.oraclecloud.com/hcmUI/CandidateExperience/en/sites/CX_1/job/100551/?utm_medium=jobshare
Metrolinx employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in accordance with Metrolinx’s Mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy as a condition of being eligible for the recruitment process. Proof of COVID-19 vaccination will be required. If you are not able to obtain COVID-19 vaccination for a reason related to a protected ground of discrimination under applicable human rights legislation, you can request accommodation from Metrolinx.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Similar searches: Marketing & Communications
More search results
Customer Digital Experience Analyst
Farm Credit Canada
Manager, Communications and Marketing - One Stop…
Manager, Sales Administration - Media Solutions (…
Recruitment Marketing Advisor - Digital Marketing
Digital Marketing Manager
Professional Golfers' Association of Canada