Various volunteer opportunities around the world for Canadians
- Cuso International - 354598
- Zambia, Malawi, Jamaica, Peru, Laos, Myanmar, Phil
- Monthly stipend provided, other expenses covered
- Job Category
- Marketing & Communications, New Media/Creative Arts/Writers, Volunteer, Co-op and Internship
- Job Type
Cuso International is a non-profit international development organization, working to improve the lives of people living with poverty and inequality around the globe. Each year we mobilize hundreds of volunteer professionals who work with local partners to create positive, lasting change.
Open to Canadian Citizens and Permanent Residents of Canada only
Placements start between Jun-Sep and lastfor 6-10 months
Digital Marketing Officer – Zambia
You will work to improve the way CARE International in Zambia markets itself to key stakeholders. You will build online platforms for CARE Zambia to help reach a wider audience. This will include providing support to staff on designing a CARE Zambia website that is exciting and engaging as well as increasing CARE Zambia's presence in social media.
You will help strengthen communications, reporting, and business development capacity of staff and partners, including the development of human-interest stories and donor reports.
Communications Advisor Jamaica
Develop a communication plan aimed at addressing issues of good governance. This will include supporting the implementation of a project aimed at including young people on discussions relating to governance.
Communications Advisor - Peru (Spanish required)
Help expand the outreach and impact of Flora Tristian’s programs and projects that are focused on the well-being of women and girls in Peru. Aside from developing printed communications materials, you will provide technical assistance by training staff on how to conduct face to face interviews.
Photo Journalist – Laos
Help our partner capture stories through PhotoVoice to raise the voices of farmers- especially women, about the challenges they face in adapting agricultural practices to climate change effects. These stories will influence decision makers at a provincial and national level to better understand farmers' situations and change policies accordingly.
Marketing and Customer Service Trainer – Myanmar
Carry out market research of local restaurants, create advertisements and support the owner in developing a marketing strategy for the restaurant.
Product Development Specialist – Philippines
You will assist in developing, improving or generating correct product labels, product specifications, product packaging, costing and costing. You will also assist business start-ups to standardize production processes, set-up and implement good manufacturing practices.
- Modest monthly living allowance (varies depending country)
- Accommodation while in placement
- Return airfare and visa/work permit costs
- Cost of required vaccinations, antimalarial medication and health insurance
- Pre-departure training and in-country orientation
- Travel and accommodation for reintegration debriefing weekend
- Access to Employee Assistance Program while in placement and upon return
- Travel and accommodation for the five-day pre-departure training course and for in-country orientation