Centennial College recognizes and affirms Diversity, Equity and Inclusion and Indigenous ways of knowing as central to the vibrancy and uniqueness of its learning and working academic mission. We strongly encourage applications from members of Indigenous communities and all equity-deserving groups including Women, Racialized, Persons with Disabilities, and LGBTQ+ communities.
We also recognize that Centennial is situated on the Treaty Lands of the Mississaugas of the Credit First Nation and pay tribute to their legacy as well as that of all First Peoples that have been and remain present here in Toronto. We recognize that First Peoples come from sovereign Nations and that part of understanding our responsibilities of residing on this territory are understanding the true history, circumstances and legacy of the Treaties signed here (such as the Toronto Purchase, Robinson-Huron Treaty and Williams Treaties) and including pre-contact Treaties and Agreements between sovereign Nations and that all peoples in this area are therefore Treaty people with obligations and responsibilities to all our relations.
Centennial College is seeking an experienced Strategic Communications Officer to build and sustain a new strategic portfolio embedded in the principles of Equity, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI). Reporting to the Associate Vice-President, EDI, the successful incumbent will lead the EDI communications portfolio to create and deliver engaging content through various communications channels including: web, social media, video, media releases, digital magazine, visual artifacts for events, etc.
The incumbent will write, edit and contribute to the development of strategic communications and presentation materials that will educate and inspire faculty, staff and students to reach institutional and portfolio goals.
The incumbent will provide Indigenous, Equity, Diversity and Inclusion expertise at various decision-making tables and participate/contribute on college-wide communications committees and networks. In addition, the incumbent will bring their technical competencies to monitor, measure and report on various communications and web analytics for the portfolio.
- Develop, launch and maintain a new and engaging EDI portfolio website; providing support, development and editing of written content under the guidance of the AVP; in addition to provide advice to the AVP, EDI
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to consolidate and redesign a cohesive web product to connect existing Centennial web footprints for Indigenous Initiatives, Anti-Black Racism Task Force, Human Rights Policies and Procedures, Sexual Violence Training, the Centre for Global Citizenship, Education and Inclusion, LGBTQ+ activities, AODA and UDL references
- Identify, create and maintain engaging social media and a digital presence for the portfolio through Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, TikTok, including an original portfolio magazine, etc.
- Provide ongoing feedback to social media correspondents, partners, agencies or related entities, including regular proofreading, editing, and revising, as well as any recommendations on post-production of any photography, video, and/or other assets
- Create, analyse, monitor and measure the success of social media programs; report and evaluate effectiveness of campaigns to enhance results
- Use data analytics tools (i.e. Google Analytics, Facebook Audience Insights, CPIR (Corporate Planning and Institutional Research) Dashboard, Sprout Social, and relevant industry research) to determine appropriate platform spend, platform mix, campaign length, copy and creative, to optimize campaigns to effectively meet business goals
- Create reporting metrics to advise on the success of current campaigns to guide future marketing initiatives
- Generate multi-platform communications plans for various portfolio initiatives such as special events, projects, announcements and partnerships; develop and deploy related content and copy using video especially music video, newsroom stories, web, social media, email and an original magazine
- Create concise and compelling content and copy grounded in the incumbent’s expertise in the areas of Indigenous sovereignty, decolonization, equity, diversity and inclusion and anti-racism
- Design and develop portfolio annual reports and collaborate with portfolio colleagues to contribute copy and content.
- Provide dynamic presentation support and content for the AVP including but not limited to PowerPoint and college-wide broadcasts
- Collaborate and advise other college communicators in the development of web and social media content to ensure consistency of Indigenous and EDI elevation and messaging across the college
- Research industry trends in the areas of print, social media and web marketing
- Assist with the development of creative slogans, taglines, headlines, billboard and related ad copy for both the Marketing team and other departments, Centres and academic schools
- 3-year diploma or equivalent in Corporate Communications, Marketing, Public Relations, Web communications, or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience in communications and web marketing, including senior level experience in creating and delivering digital and graphic content for websites and social media platforms
- Demonstrated web and communications knowledge and superior experience as it relates to Indigenous issues, Equity, Diversity and Inclusion and Anti-Racism
- Proven experience using various social media platforms to communicate with target audiences
- Proven writing and editing experience of content for news stories, videos, presentations, web and social media
- Advanced skills using Adobe Photoshop, Premiere Pro, Word Press, PowerPoint, Image Editing Tools, e-newsletter tools, Google Analytics; experience with web and graphic design software, InDesign, Illustrator are assets
- Demonstrated creative and innovative thinking
- Possess high attention to detail and accuracy
- Proven problem solving and analytical capabilities
- Demonstrated project coordination competencies
- Strong understanding and application of best practices in accessible, user-centered design and content creation
- Demonstrated knowledge of current provincial accessibility guidelines; commitment to accessibility
- Demonstrated experience translating academic/research matters into clear communications
- Demonstrated relationship management skill and collaboration
Proof of credentials or equivalencies from accredited regional or federal post-secondary institutions and/or their foreign equivalents will be required at the time of job offer.
When applying, your cover letter and résumé must include examples that reflect all of the requested skills and qualifications and must be submitted online by February 5, 2022 at 11:59 PM EST. Please quote Job ID J1221-1255. Misrepresentation of applicant information will be grounds for your exclusion from the competition or for dismissal should you subsequently be hired for the position. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are committed to providing persons with disabilities equal opportunities regarding all employment activities, including access to jobs and accommodations during employment as required, in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code (OHRC) and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Similar searches: Marketing & Communications