- Pink Triangle Press
- Toronto, Ontario
- Job Category
- New Media/Creative Arts/Writers, Sales and Business Development, Technology and Digital Media
- Job Type
POSITION: Chief Growth Officer
LOCATION: Toronto, Ontario
POSITION DETAILS: Full Time, Permanent
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
“If it weren't for Xtra and The Body Politic (former Pink Triangle magazine) we wouldn't be where we are now: full legal equality, far greater acceptance and awareness of queer people, and a younger generation for whom homophobia is not the default position.” - Matthew Hays, Globe and Mail, 2015
Founded in 1971 to advance the struggle for sexual liberation, we are Pink Triangle Press (PTP), Canada’s leading LGBTQ2S+ media organization. We were founded on the belief that storytelling and sharing experiences is a powerful tool for liberation. We believe that media created by, for and about LGBTQ2S+ communities is critical to their ability to thrive. We seek to amplify the work of activists, creators, thinkers, change makers and caregivers.
As a mission-guided community organization without shareholders, we earn our revenues in the marketplace. Our three main areas of focus are on award-winning journalism, online dating services, and engaging TV & Video productions. We publish Xtramagazine.com, and we also operate the gay adult dating website Squirt.org, the Gay dating app Guy Spy and have produced a number of television projects, including the travel show Bump! and The Gayest Show Ever.
In 2021, Pink Triangle Press (PTP) will celebrate its 50th anniversary. We are proud to be one of the longest-publishing LGBTQ2S+ media groups in the world. We aim to inspire our communities to pursue a future where everyone is free to celebrate who they are.
This is a unique opportunity in a dynamic digital media organization serving our growing and highly valued community. The Chief Growth Officer (CGO) will develop and execute a Growth strategy to ensure PTP’s long-term sustainability, growing audiences, influence and revenues and improving profitability across all product offerings.
Business Strategy & Customer Engagement
- Drive growth of the business and deepen and expand customer (audience) engagement and loyalty across all platforms.
- Identify, evaluate, and recommend new product development, revenue model and business acquisition options.
- Develop and lead the execution of a marketing strategy that delivers value to customers (audience) throughout their lifecycle.
- Set growth objectives with other directors and forecasts based on research and insight. Define plans with other directors to achieve targets.
- Leverage use of technology and digital channels, internal and external data to establish strategic focus areas.
- Determine appropriate metrics to measure marketing success, such as: campaign effectiveness, customer engagement and satisfaction, channel creation, campaign ROIs, customer experience, and lead generation.
- Develop appropriate cadence of planning, prioritization, monitoring, analysis, and reporting on progress towards strategic objectives.
- Increase profitability of existing products. Ensure product enhancements are optimally evaluated and quickly brought to market.
- Identify and implement cost-effective improvements and/or innovative solutions to existing suite of offerings.
- Participate in identifying, evaluating, and recommending new product development and acquisitions.
Research & Development
- Lead the research and development of sustainable and profitable future business opportunities for PTP.
- Envision and develop an innovation strategy while maintaining a deep understanding of PTP’s competitive environment and sector, and potential market segments.
- Develop and evaluate business opportunities and business models to identify best options for growth and sustainability.
- Build a brand strategy that increases visibility and drives business across all platforms.
- Create best-in-class customer experience model based on audience needs and behaviours across all channels and ensure this is communicated within the organization.
- Leverage market research, pricing, innovation, technology, communication and PR.
- Expand and deepen relationship with customers (audience) and increase loyalty by moving customers through conversion funnels and engagement ladders.
- Create valuable products that uniquely fulfill unmet needs, thereby increasing product usage, revenue, and giving PTP a competitive edge.
- Constantly improve and change products in ways that bring value to the customer.
- Make innovative use of/creatively analyze internal and external data to establish user needs and constantly improve new product development and marketing efforts.
- Effective management of divisional operating budgets to ensure financial targets are achieved - e.g., revenue, expenses, profitability, net margin, ROI, ROS, etc.
- Develop annual departmental strategy and an annual marketing budget, and other relevant functional goals.
- Make hiring, termination, performance feedback, promotion, development, and compensation decisions within established talent framework.
- Adjudicate competing priorities and/or issues requiring department head resolution.
- Speak on behalf of the company within prescribed area.
- Develop marketing technology roadmap and services used for sales and marketing.
- Create high levels of effectiveness and efficiency by ensuring that the functional team and its processes are aligned, transcend functional boundaries, and are integrated to better support business needs and objectives.
- Drive collaboration across internal and external teams and resources.
- Create an inclusive atmosphere that accommodates the different needs and working styles of each individual to achieve the collective purpose.
- Minimum 10 years of experience as a respected leader in executive-level marketing and product leadership.
- Demonstrated success in effectively managing a multi-million dollar PL, achieving financial targets and returns.
- Significant record of accomplishment in product and marketing leadership across the digital space.
- Solid track record of successfully monetizing digital products, bringing new products to market, growing audiences and revenues and improving profit margins.
- Proven track record of success in digital and offline marketing resulting in delivery of desired behaviour from target audiences.
- Ability to translate vision, knowledge of market dynamics and competitive analysis into innovation initiatives with manageable goals along with a realistic strategy and solid business plan with concrete financial targets.
- Ability to elicit valuable customer input and translate into improved product offerings and customer experience.
- Constantly expands both internal and external networks, tapping into expertise that helps us increase awareness of the organization, opens up possibilities, expands our influence, and presents opportunities for partners and alliances that will grow PTP’s business.
- Able to analyze and assess marketing performance to make constant improvements in delivery, CPA and customer movement through sales and conversion funnels.
- Demonstrates financial acumen, business comprehension, and engage in best practices.
- Demonstrates business acumen with ability to prepare and evaluate concise business cases for projects, identifying best options for ROI.
- Able to analyze market dynamics (social, economic, political, etc.) and detect potential disruptions, market trends and political/regulatory events that could affect PTP.
- Able to analyze technology trends and impacts (social, economic, etc.) as well as market trends and key competitors to inform innovation strategies.
- Ability to ensure operational and transformational change management required for success is executed well.
- Knowledge of LGBTQ2+ communities and their tastes and needs.
- Fluency in web analytics tools, social media marketing applications, and leading social media monitoring platforms.
- Understanding the customer. Solid grasp of techniques to learn customer/audience psychology, motivation and behaviour.
- Proven ability to lead teams to deliver in a deadline-driven environment, on time and on budget, including tech teams that deliver quickly and improve speed to market.
- Comfortable with acting as the organization's spokesperson and advocate via media appearances, interviews, trade shows, etc.
- Ability to communicate with credibility and respect to staff members, other colleagues, and external audiences.
- Bachelor's degree, with an MBA preferred in Marketing or related field or equivalent experience.
- An enterprise-level strategic thinker who grasps complexity and strategizes broadly.
- A clear appreciation of the Press’s mission and a readiness to enthusiastically advance its work, demonstrating sex-positivity and nurturing connections with LGBTQ+ communities.
- Displays effective leadership in areas of team building, collaboration, transparency, and engagement.
- Works collaboratively with senior leaders as a first team, and with all staff, in the best interests of the entire organization, and models this behaviour for their staff.
- An agile mindset, responsive to external forces, and resilient towards rapid rates of change.
- A big-picture thinker with multi-year goals that build on successes, including scalable projects and format opportunities.
- Ability to identify and resolve issues quickly; a problem-solver who generates solutions.
- Strives for excellence in all they do. Tests, evaluates and course corrects. Fosters an environment of learning and constant improvement.
- Builds and leverages an inclusive culture which values diversity of experience and opinion, recognizing that this is foundational to creativity, innovation, and the future success of PTP.
- An ambitious creator who wants to have impact, "make their mark" on the world, expand our influence, grow audiences and customers.
- Entrepreneurial mindset, with a passion for innovation.
- Roll-up-the-sleeves work ethic and a pragmatic, results-oriented approach.
- Social, a born networker. Picks up the phone and cultivates relationships.
- Curious and observant, listens to customers, looks for opportunities
- A natural mediator and collaborator who resolves conflicts and works effortlessly between groups of stakeholders to get the job done.
- Unquestionable integrity and character. Demonstrated high standards of moral, ethical, and professional behaviour.
A competitive compensation package will be offered, complete with salary and benefits.
Please note: The role will begin as a remote work position, given the current circumstances due to Covid-19. When restrictions are lifted and it is safe to work from the office again, the majority of time will be spent in our Toronto office.
HOW TO APPLY
We invite candidates to apply by email with your cover letter and résume no later than February 11th, 2022. Send to Searchlight Partners: PTP@searchlightpartnersgroup.com
We welcome everyone to apply for our roles, and particularly encourage applications from Black and Indigenous people, people of colour, trans and non-binary people and disabled people. We are committed to ensuring accessible services and communications to disabled individuals. Once an applicant has been selected for an interview, requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process. Applicants should make their accommodation needs known when contacted.
We thank applicants for their interest, however, only those advancing in the process will be contacted
More search results
Trade Marketing Manager (Revenue)
The Globe and Mail
Senior Coordinator, Copywriter/Content Creator
Canadian Marketing Association
Social Media Producer
Marketing Lead (Part-Time)
Marketing Operations Specialist