The Trade Marketing Manager works cross functionally across marketing, product and sales to develop, translate and execute marketing communications. Reporting to the Head of Trade Marketing, this position will champion the strategy and execution of email marketing, website experience and sales enablement.
You will be a great fit for the role if you:
- Are a strong strategic, critical and creative thinker who is able to see beyond the ask and recommend the best solution to achieve the desired outcome
- Are an integrated marketer who has paid, owned and earned experience, including social and digital but are ready to own excellence across email, website and sales enablement and related content
- Are a storyteller who can weave simple, yet engaging messaging across different types of channels
- Have a strong customer orientation, putting the customer at the centre of all marketing strategies and tactical experiences alike
- Have the ability to manage many competing interests and prioritize those that align and deliver against annual goals and imperatives
- Are a strong collaborator who can work with teams across all levels of the organization
- Are a strong communicator both written and verbally who can clearly and concisely communicate ideas
- Contribute to trade strategy development by actively participating and providing insights into key customer growth areas and channel opportunities
- Develop market facing product, category and sales messaging, channel plans and creative assets for key owned touchpoints (working with the product, category and research teams)
- Own the email strategy and execution of all email communication and associated content from the Globe Media Group including: The Globe Media Group monthly newsletter (including associated blog content where relevant), product and category promotion and nurturing efforts (ClickDimensions and CRM systems experience is an asset)
- Manage the messaging and look and feel of globelink.ca (the website for the trade audience) and associated content including page copy, imagery and media kits
- Develop the messaging and production of sales enablement materials for both internal and external use including: Sales decks for virtual or in person meetings, case studies, video, etc.
- Develop other annual and ad hoc material requirements including:
- Annual refresh of media kits
- Revenue Townhall presentations
- Case studies
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing or Business
- Minimum 6-8 years marketing/communications experience, particularly in B2B
- Skilled business marketing generalist with the ability to move from strategic thinking to execution
- Strong writing skills across variety of platforms including email, sales decks, media kits, website and any other customer facing marketing communications as required
- Ability to synthesize a large amount of information and data from different sources and craft compelling market facing stories
- An eye for design and ability to build client facing presentations
- Excellent communication skills with ability to articulate messages across all levels of the organization including C-Suite and senior-level stakeholders
- Ability to navigate a matrix organization and prioritize projects with competing asks and interests
- Knowledge and understanding of the Canadian media landscape
- Fueled by curiosity and taking initiative to identify opportunities to evolve and improve efforts and ways of working
All offers of employment with The Globe and Mail are conditional upon the candidate being Fully Vaccinated. To be Fully Vaccinated is defined as someone who has received the full series of a vaccine or a combination of vaccines accepted by the Government of Canada (currently Pfizer, Moderna, AstraZeneca, Janssen) and has received the last dose at least 14 days prior to their start date. To prove they are Fully Vaccinated, all new hires will be required to provide evidence by emailing a copy of their vaccine dose administration receipt(s) to Human Resources prior to their start date. Those seeking exemption based on one or more of the protected grounds in the Human Rights Code will need to provide their request for accommodation to Human Resources for approval. If the accommodation request is not approved and the candidate is not Fully Vaccinated, any offer of employment will be revoked.
THE GLOBE AND MAIL IS DEDICATED TO DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION IN THE WORKPLACE
The Globe and Mail is committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible work environment, where all employees feel valued, respected and supported. We believe this strengthens our business and our journalism. We welcome and encourage applications from individuals from all groups, regardless of race, ethnicity, culture, gender, sexual orientation, religion, socio-economic status, age, and physical ability. As required by the Federal Contractors Program, The Globe also tracks the proportion of staff in the four Employment Equity categories (Women, Aboriginal Peoples, Persons with Disabilities, and Members of Visible Minorities) to ensure we are reflecting the areas in which we work.
The Globe and Mail offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities as part of its recruitment process. If you are contacted to arrange for an interview, please advise us if you require an accommodation.
Similar searches: Marketing & Communications
More search results
Chief Growth Officer
Pink Triangle Press
Senior Coordinator, Copywriter/Content Creator
Canadian Marketing Association
Social Media Producer
Marketing Lead (Part-Time)
Marketing Operations Specialist