Director, Marketing & Donor Experience
Director, Marketing & Donor Experience
Do you want to be part of an adaptable, high-performance culture that reflects your values and commitment to community? Are you looking for a team that stands with each other and shows local love? If so, we have the right challenge for you!
Reporting to the Vice President, Philanthropy & Marketing, the Director will lead the development, design and deployment of effective marketing and donor experience strategies across all channels and formats to drive revenue and support organizational priorities.
What you’ll do:
- Lead strategic multi-channel marketing planning across all fundraising segments with a focus on donor experience design - from insights, cultivation and acquisition, through to stewardship and retention
- Partner closely with Individual Donor Relations and Corporate Donor Relations teams to deliver collectively on business plans, priorities, and revenue goals
- In collaboration with Communications team, manage United Way Greater Toronto’s visual brand positioning and voice, measuring and interpreting brand performance, and planning and implementing necessary strategies
- Provide marketing strategy and support for enterprise-wide priorities and projects
- Collaborate with Finance, Business Management and Technology Solutions, external vendors and the Individual Donor Relations and Corporate Donor Relations teams to do data analysis across all channels to derive insights that inform the development of acquisition, growth and retention strategies across donor segments
- Oversee the development of a comprehensive donor engagement program plan (virtual and in-person) to ensure United Way appropriately meets the volunteer involvement and impact awareness needs of individual and corporate donors and in a sustainable way for community agencies and partners
- Manage and liaise with United Way’s external media management partners to facilitate the development and implementation of United Way’s digital fundraising strategies, ensuring the integration of media performance data into overall marketing effectiveness measures and donor experience metrics
- Monitor the annual media plan and costs to ensure media spending is optimized against industry and United Way benchmarks
- Contribute as a member of the cross-organization Senior Management Team and participate in cross-functional teams to help realize organizational strategies and plans
- Oversee content and creative that ensures consistency in terms of style, quality and tone of voice, and optimized for search and user experiences across all published channels
- Work collaboratively with other United Ways, United Way Centraide Canada and United Way Worldwide on collective projects and strategies
- Oversee and provide leadership for a team of direct reports (including Project Management/ Production, Content/Creative, Digital, Marketing, and Donor Experience) and broader team, ensuring ongoing coaching, mentorship and access to learning opportunities
What you’ll need to be successful:
- 5-10 years progressive experience in marketing, direct marketing, fundraising and donor experience, or related experience
- Proven ability to manage and motivate people, direct teams, and to work effectively in a cross-functional, matrix environment on a consultative basis to produce high-quality output
- Experience in leading and implementing equity-centered and anti-oppressive marketing and fundraising plans
- Deep understanding of one-to-one and digital marketing tactics and implementation and digital and traditional media
- Thorough knowledge of the creative development process including briefing, ideation, evaluation of concepts and production techniques
- Excellent knowledge of marketing content creation, creative design and production
- Proven editorial skills and outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Superior storytelling skills using words, images, audio and video and a keen understanding of how to create content to inspire, engage and educate
- Proven organizational skills and the ability to manage competing priorities and meet deadlines under pressure
- Ability to influence, negotiate and manage contentious issues to resolution
- Excellent teamwork, interpersonal and constituent service skills including the ability to work respectfully and inclusively with diverse constituents
- Outstanding project management skills
- Knowledge of the social services sector and/or nonprofit sector considered an asset
- Willingness to actively contribute to the organizational Reconciliation and Equity Action Plan through participation in learning opportunities and implementing anti-oppressive, and anti-racist learnings into action internally and externally
Does this sound like you? Show us your Local Love. Come and do great work at United Way Greater Toronto! Please apply no later than December 10, 2021.
As part of our recruitment process, United Way Greater Toronto offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities. If we contact you about an opportunity, please let us know if you require accommodation.
About United Way Greater Toronto:
As the largest non-government funder of community services in the GTA, United Way Greater Toronto reinforces a crucial community safety net. United Way’s network of agencies and initiatives in neighbourhoods across Peel, Toronto and York Region works to ensure that everyone has access to the programs and services they need to thrive today. Mobilizing the network and other community support, United Way tackles #unignorable issues linked to poverty. United Way’s work is rooted in ground-breaking research, strategic leadership, local advocacy and cross-sectoral partnerships committed to building lasting solutions to the GTA’s greatest challenges. Learn more about our work at unitedwaygt.org.
Diversity & Inclusion:
United Way is committed to creating an inclusive workplace that reflects our diverse community to ensure we’re best equipped to serve it. We encourage candidates from diverse backgrounds and those who may need accommodation to apply to join our team. Our commitment to excellence in diversity goes beyond promoting equity. By incorporating a variety of experiences and perspectives, we create opportunities for innovative solutions and maximize the impact of our work.
Similar searches: Marketing & Communications