Business Engagement Specialist
- This position is remote (virtual platform)
- Competitive salary-based position with benefits
- Job Category
- Sales and Business Development
- Job Type
ODEN is growing, and we are recruiting to fill a position that will be responsible to drive marketing and increase sales of membership, ODEN services, and Jobs Ability Canada subscriptions.
Business Engagement Specialist:
Function: Primary responsibility is outside sales. Also accountable for strategic business development and growing subscriptions to Jobs Ability Canada.
Reporting: Reports to the CEO of ODEN.
Location: This position is remote (virtual platform) and is open to individuals located in Ontario who are eligible to work in Canada.
Hours: 40-hour per week.
Compensation: Competitive salary-based position with benefits and RRSP available
The Business Engagement Specialist is required to:
Sell ODEN memberships, training and services, and Jobs Ability Canada subscriptions to prospects. Employ effective sales strategies to identify and convert leads with the primary objective of increasing revenue and retention.
- Understand and be able to articulate ODEN’s values, vision, mission, products and services.
- Handle inquiries for ODEN training and services, and Jobs Ability Canada subscriptions.
- Direct and support prospects in registering for membership, services and training, and Jobs Ability Canada.
Identify and develop new channels for sales within Ontario and across the country.
- Establish and manage innovative outreach activities.
- Create awareness and drive growth on social media (LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter)
- Build relationships with prospective organizations, businesses, and other stakeholders
- Represent and promote ODEN and Jobs Ability Canada using online presentations and in person at conferences and tradeshows
Proactively implement and manage engagement strategies to grow subscriptions of Jobs Ability Canada and sales of ODEN services, new membership, and member retention.
- Produce monthly statistical reports and metrics against predetermined targets
- Create and maintain CRM contacts, social media content, and sales resources for prospects
- Participate in team and committee meetings as appropriate
- Minimum 3 years of experience in sales and business development is required
- An undergraduate degree or equivalent in Sales and Marketing is required
- Business development experience in a member-driven association is preferred
- Experience in the Disability Employment Sector preferred
- Bilingual French and English preferred
You have the following attributes that will make you a good fit for the role:
• High professional standards. Your values align with ODEN’s Mission, Vision, and Values. You subscribe to the principles of inclusion, ethics, diversity, professionalism, integrity, community, and relationships.
• Value diversity, equity, and inclusion. You know the value of ODEN’s membership, training and services, and Jobs Ability Canada, and you are energized by the opportunity to help grow our organization.
• Numbers and results driven. You have strong knowledge of the sales process from initiation to close and are highly motivated by achieving sales targets and goals.
• People person. You enjoy communicating with people by email, phone, and online platforms. You know how to interact and build strong relations with colleagues and stakeholders.
• Self-directed. You have exceptional time management skills. You return calls promptly, manage projects effectively, and meet ongoing deadlines.
• Remote worker. You are technically savvy and comfortable working remotely. You have a fast and secure internet and phone connection and have dedicated working space you can access during work hours.
• Online relationship builder. You have hands on experience working with digital communications. You know how to connect with colleagues and build relationships through social media.
• Collaborative. You thrive working in a small, multi-functional team environment. You are flexible in response to ODEN’s evolving needs.
• Skilled writer. You can write communications for a range of audiences. You have strong copy-editing and proofreading skills and use Microsoft Office at an intermediate to advanced level.
COVER LETTER AND RESUME due no later than Friday, December 10 at 4pm ET
At ODEN we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible work environment, where all employees feel valued, respected and supported.
ODEN offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities as part of its recruitment process. If you are contacted to arrange for an interview, please advise us if you require an accommodation.
Similar searches: Sales and Business Development