Head of Marketing
- Remote / Victoria, BC
- Job Category
- Marketing & Communications
- Job Type
Are you a marketing leader in technology with a growth mindset? Do you have proven talent to shape, inspire, and execute a marketing strategy across various digital channels? Do you thrive in an action-oriented, remote-friendly working environment?
If this sounds like you, we’d like to talk.
Giftbit. Simple, remarkable rewards.
Giftbit makes it easy to manage digital rewards and incentive programs. Giftbit offers a web application and API that allow businesses to customize, automate, and track rewards. Learn more at www.giftbit.com.
Our powerful platform and unparalleled customer support exist because of Giftbit’s dynamic team and company values. The Giftbit team shows our values in how we behave with customers and each other. What we do is who we are. To guide our actions, the Giftbit team worked together to define 8 cultural principles to aid us in our daily work and decision making. Learn more about these principles here.
As Head of Marketing, you will lead, build, and drive Giftbit’s brand. You will define and execute Giftbit’s growth marketing strategy—supported by collaboration with other leaders. You'll create high-quality demand generation, increase qualified leads, and develop marketing pillars and processes. This role reports to the CEO.
This role places you as Giftbit’s only dedicated marketer—you are responsible to communicate strategy, wisely allocate marketing budgets, and meet performance KPIs. You are pragmatic and data-driven when identifying key customer insights. You can map customer journeys, define customer profiles, and optimize campaigns.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- In partnership with product and customer success, you’ll develop and execute an integrated brand marketing and communications strategy. Your goal is to drive awareness and market growth in the USA and Canada.
- Using market and customer data, you’ll identify Giftbit’s target markets, customer profiles, and marketing channels to inform content and campaign activities. You will deliver key metrics to achieve the objectives.
- Manage the growth and performance of lead generation: owning the marketing automation platform and processes; driving the growth of our database.
- Analyze and optimize marketing performance and KPIs to drive conversions. You love data at your core and use it to refine your instincts. You provide practical reporting that can be used to assess and optimize campaigns.
- Create customer journey mapping and segmentation, to eventually build customer lifecycle marketing programs and relevant nurture flows.
- Contribute to Giftbit's customer discovery and interview process, garnering a deep understanding of target markets and customer personas to drive brand communication initiatives.
- Support stakeholders in the execution of customer marketing and customer support related communication from various departments.
- Relationship building and management of contractors, vendors and agencies.
- As the marketing function grows, you will manage and mentor other marketing employees.
WHAT YOU CAN BRING
- A proven record leading a brand to market, ideally in a SaaS and/or technology related environment.
- 5+ years of experience in marketing, driving successful performance-based objectives.
- Advanced experience creating, executing and optimizing marketing campaigns.
- Skilled communication abilities and compelling leadership qualities.
- Data-informed mentality. Able to identify KPIs, their underlying drivers, and get results.
- Strong technical and working knowledge of marketing automation platforms and processes.
- Past experience driving lead generation activities, mapping customer journeys and flows, and building customer personas.
- Good judgement to keep what is working and an agility to pivot based on unanticipated learnings.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, business or related discipline
EXTRAS WE’D VALUE TOO
- Experience in SEO, SEM, Web Management and Google Analytics.
- Previously drove and managed 6-figure marketing budgets.
- Mentioning of partner and/or subscription marketing peaks your interest.
- Knowledge and experience with a variety of marketing stacks and tools.
- Enjoy team building, learning events, and open forum discussions. You have a strong belief that culture drives growth.
A NOTE FROM THE CEO
Giftbit has turned a new chapter in our business and you get to play a big part in writing the future of the company. As Head of Marketing, your talent and creativity will make a meaningful impact at Giftbit—on the business and the team.
Giftbit has a strong product and reputation. But we have historically lacked marketing. Your efforts will result in more customers discovering a product they actually love. Marketing is supported by a great product. But we need your help to tell Giftbit’s story clearly and widely.
If you have inner ambition to help shape a company, come and join us. Giftbit is a great place for your growth and potential.
OPPORTUNITIES AT GIFTBIT
One of our 8 Cultural Principles is adopting a growth mindset. We invest in the professional development of our team. You will have opportunities to grow your skill and perspective with education, conferences, and relevant training.
Work at Giftbit is meant to support success and prosperity in the fullness of your life. We promote holistic self-care and health. We offer flexible workspace options (remote or not). We celebrate the diversity of people’s strengths in an inclusive team environment that embraces learning and improvement.
Financial compensation at Giftbit rewards growth, performance, and teamwork. We pay people based on experience and proficiency to clear industry benchmarks and market standards. The salary for the role will begin at $120k or higher, depending on candidate experience.
We welcome candidates living in Canada to apply. Giftbit is a diverse team of people who mainly work in the Pacific time zone. We require resumes and cover letters to be submitted by each candidate. All candidates will be considered in a fair and inclusive process. Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Similar searches: Marketing & Communications