Director of Marketing
Drayton Entertainment is a registered, not-for-profit charitable organization and one of Canada's most successful professional theatre companies. We present the finest in live theatre for all ages at seven unique venues across Ontario: the Drayton Festival Theatre in Drayton, Huron Country Playhouse (Mainstage and South Huron Stage) in Grand Bend, King's Wharf Theatre in Penetanguishene, St. Jacobs Country Playhouse and Schoolhouse Theatre in St. Jacobs, and Hamilton Family Theatre Cambridge. A Youth Academy in Waterloo is currently in development.
DIRECTOR OF MARKETING
Function: The Director of Marketing serves as the primary driver of sales, a key organizational storyteller, and the arbiter of the brand voice. They are responsible for leading the Marketing Department including the creation and implementation of marketing plans that support the strategic objectives of the organization as they relate to earned revenue goals and audience growth and diversification.
Key responsibilities include:
- Envision, develop, manage, implement, and evaluate the overall marketing strategy and budget,encompassing individual plans for traditional (radio, print, TV, direct mail) and digital (website,email, SEM, social media) marketing efforts, as well as all facets of publicity and promotion.
- Manage and mentor Marketing team members, while coordinating the department’s work effortto meet project timelines.
- Oversee all marketing-related communications with keen attention to detail and superb spelling,grammar, and vocabulary.
- Approve all print, digital, and other marketing materials, ensuring alignment with organizationalobjectives, values, and branding. This includes upholding licensing requirements, billing, and/orother contractual requirements.
- Oversee the design, UX functionality, content development, and maintenance of theorganization’s website as a driver of revenue, awareness building, and public relations.
- Lead Marketing team members in the execution of all digital strategies, including emailmarketing and automation (correspondence), social media engagement, search engineoptimization and online advertising, analytics, and database leveraging.
- Identify Community Engagement opportunities designed to foster public awareness andengagement including presence at local festivals, trade shows, and tourism events.
- Run publicity, including media interviews, pitches, and media releases.
- Liaise with other departments, including Artistic, Development, Groups, and Front-of-House, tofulfill their marketing needs, as well as marketing and communications for DraytonEntertainment’s new Youth Academy initiative.
- Grow audiences by creating initiatives to introduce and develop designated audience segmentssuch as families, youth, young professionals, and specific geographic markets, withcorresponding pricing strategies and promotional offers to realize sales targets.
This is a fast-paced role that requires the candidate to be proactive and demonstrate a high degree of leadership, flexibility, and initiative. Other skills include:
- Demonstrable experience in marketing, brand activation, and digital strategy relative to theposition’s deliverables.
- A post-secondary degree in a relevant field, or a combination of education and experience.
- Proven experience in developing and implementing strategic marketing communications plans.
- Strong management and decision-making abilities.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Experience with budgeting.
- Knowledge of agency processes, briefing, and creative development.
- Experience working in a non-profit arts environment or charitable sector an asset.
- Experience in working collaboratively with senior leaders and management.
Experience with the following platforms and software programs is an asset:
- Adobe Creative Suite including InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat
- A comprehensive email marketing platform like MailChimp or similar
- Google platforms including Analytics, Tag Manager, Ads
- Social media including Facebook Business Manager, Instagram, Twitter
- A Customer Relationship Management system
- Understanding of web design principles along with basic HTML and CSS
Negotiable, depending on the schedules of both parties, but may be immediate.
Drayton Entertainment is committed to inclusion and diversity in hiring and encourages all qualified candidates to apply. Drayton Entertainment is committed to providing employees with a barrier free work environment that is free of discrimination and harassment. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Interested candidates should respond in writing by December 10, 2021 with résumé and cover letter to:
Natasha Hopf, Human Resources
46 Grand Ave. S., Cambridge, ON N1S 2L8
***Please List “Director of Marketing” in the Subject Line
We thank all applicants for their interest in the position, however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.