Director of Communications and Marketing
Director of Communications and Marketing
Located in the Annex neighbourhood in downtown Toronto, Royal St. George's College is an urban day school for boys that combines academic excellence with a stimulating and supportive environment. RSGC offers a challenging program of academics, athletics, the arts, outdoor education, community outreach and co-curricular activities designed to fulfill our College’s Vision of “lifelong Georgians ready to use their scholarship, compassion, conscience and courage to make a difference.”
The successful candidate will be responsible for the development and implementation of a comprehensive and dynamic communications strategy for the school. The Director of Communications and Marketing has the overall responsibility for overseeing all internal and external communications and will capture the essence of campus life through various media including print, broadcast and digital.
In addition to having overall responsibility for all aspects of communications and marketing functions, the Director will play an integral role on the Senior Leadership Team connecting various functions across the school to unify, distil and deliver information in a cohesive and consistent manner. The successful candidate will be an eloquent communications professional displaying the utmost integrity in all aspects of the role. This is a full-time permanent position reporting to the Headmaster of the College.
At Royal St. George’s College our Values guide all of our decisions from the classroom to the Board room. Our successful candidate will be an accomplished communications professional, an exceptional communicator, connector, creative strategic thinker, and whose professional practice demonstrates alignment with these Values. Please meet some of our students discussing our Values here.
- In partnership with Admissions, Advancement and other school departments, develop and implement a comprehensive, unified marketing and communications strategy for the school.
- Oversee all marketing and communications with overall responsibility for accuracy, delivery and messaging.
- Oversee management of the school’s external website, including developing, updating and posting content, exploring and developing new features to create a compelling point of entry for public access.
- Development of a variety of materials intended to increase and enhance the school’s visibility.
- Cultivate and maintain strong working relationships with a variety of constituent groups within the RSGC community to establish the communications office as the point of contact for general communications, marketing, and public relations initiatives.
- Partner with the Headmaster and senior leaders to identify communication needs and prioritize initiates.
- Keen interest in keeping abreast of local, national and global issues. Draft thoughtful content in response to local, national and global issues both proactively and reactively.
- Develop collaborative relationships with other communications professionals within the independent school network to share best practices and industry connections.
- Responsible for development of version ready crisis communication plans for various constituent groups should the need arise.
Qualifications and Experience
- Relevant post-secondary studies in English, journalism, communications, or marketing.
- Genuine interest in all aspects of life at school: attend performances, sporting events, and assemblies.
- High regard for decision making and respect for confidentiality.
- Demonstrated experience in marketing and communications preferably within independent schools, education or not-for-profit organizations.
- Outstanding organizational skills.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven ability to effectively lead and manage multiple creative projects simultaneously.
- Creative and artistic vision and direction.
- Demonstrated and relevant experience with photography, videography, website content management and design, and social media marketing.
Royal St. George’s College is committed to fostering an environment of inclusion and equity to support an increasingly diverse community, encouraging applications from all qualified individuals. Should you be contacted regarding any opportunity at the College and require accommodation please advise us.
RSGC offers a supportive and nurturing work environment and a competitive compensation package, including a Registered Pension Plan. If you are interested in working and leading in a dynamic educational environment, please submit your application no later than Friday November 26, 2021 to the attention of Stephen Beatty, Headmaster, Royal St. George’s College at email@example.com indicating Director of Communications and Marketing in the subject line. Candidates are asked to submit a covering letter and resume as attachments to an email.
Similar searches: Marketing & Communications