Manager, Digital Services
Who you are:
Whatever the latest digital trend, you know it. Not only that, but you can effectively communicate its meaning and determine its implications for business. You’re proud to be the go-to tech guru. You’re not a coder, but you aren’t scared of a little HTML or CSS and this knowledge allows you to quickly assess what resources will be required before making a commitment. At the end of the day, you’ll always be helping Ivey stay ahead of the curve while looking for new ways to innovate.
As the Manager, Digital Services, you will work within an integrated communications environment and report to the Director of Marketing. The position is responsible for leading the management, development, day-to-day operations, and governance of Ivey’s external web properties and email campaigns. While juggling all of these responsibilities, you always stay focused on ensuring that the projects and tasks align with the School’s goals, mission, recruiting, and branding strategies.
You have a strong creative orientation rooted in digital brand experience, while also being detail-oriented, a strong planner and able to juggle multiple projects in a very fast-paced environment. You are highly organized and a skilled communicator and project management master. You have a strong understanding of the digital marketing and media landscape.
You are excited about the opportunity to work for Canada’s most prestigious business school, working alongside the brightest staff, students and globally-recognized faculty, as well as being a part of the broader Western University community.
What you’ll do:
Project Planning & Management
- Plan, recommend and implement a comprehensive external facing digital communications platform strategy (including SEO/SEM, web sites, external email campaigns and social media accounts) that supports Ivey’s brand position and serves internal client needs.
- Develop user experience strategies and project plans for internal web and digital projects, including the management of internal resources.
- Lead multiple projects at any given time, determining priorities based on strategy and resource availability; project management consists of defining the scope, creating a plan, assigning tasks, and managing through to completion.
- Advise on technical and standards for all agency-led web and digital projects, including setting standards for the agencies to follow to ensure that new technologies will be compliant with existing platforms.
- Select web banner and digital assets for creative approval.
Operations & Management of Service Desk
- Manage day-to-day operations of the Digital Services team, including project management, and prioritization and delegation of requests sent to firstname.lastname@example.org, ensuring alignment with strategic goals.
- Work with Director of Marketing and Marketing Planning Specialist to integrate web, email and digital marketing performance tools in order to develop, monitor, and support digital performance metrics.
Research & Troubleshooting
- Identify, assess and recommend strategies for new and/or existing technologies with a goal of improved performance or efficiency and ensuring Ivey’s digital assets are optimized for changing technology.
- Research and recommend new solutions where opportunities for improvement or potential risks in digital platform performance exist, approving appropriate implementation of external facing digital platforms by all groups in the school.
- Evaluate and select new software and products in collaboration with the Director, Marketing and with appropriate contractual and legal consultation.
Client Support & Training
- Build and strengthen inter-departmental relationships throughout the school’s web user groups, including the establishment and increased transparency of digital objectives, processes, policies and standards.
- Determine the best approach for training, educating, and supporting staff on the usage of new tools and/or software to ensure confidence and capability.
- Decide how and when to collect and give feedback to project stakeholders, including external vendors, to ensure project goals are met.
- Work closely with IT and business units to plan and execute website upgrades and product releases.
- Flag potential budget shortfalls or recommend reallocation of budget to the Executive Director of Marketing and Communications, including analysis and recommendation.
What you have:
Required Education and Experience:
- A university degree;
- 4+ years of experience managing digital communication plans and strategy, with a primary focus on web development and design
- A minimum of 4-5 years of experience managing web sites and web/digital communication plans and strategy.
- Experience working with web development and design teams is considered an asset.
Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability to operate in a busy environment with competing priorities and tight deadlines.
- Ability to effectively delegate and reassign work as required based on assessing skillset and availability of resources.
- Sound project management skills, including the ability to manage timelines, budgets, team dynamics and multiple stakeholders.
- Exceptional attention to detail combined with the ability to prioritize activities according to larger strategic goals.
- Exhibits a proven track record of initiative and innovation in digital media, user experience, team leadership and project management.
- Utilizes excellent follow-up and on-going communication skills to ensure that internal and external stakeholders are clear on deliverables, roles and responsibilities.
- Displays exceptional interpersonal skills and a desire to build effective relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Possesses knowledge of the digital industry and emerging best practices.
- Proficient with Google Analytics, Webmaster Tools. An understanding of AdWords is beneficial.
- A good understanding of operating in an Agile environment.
- Possesses a solid understanding and strategic perspective of evolving digital marketing principles and technologies, including websites, web metrics, campaign planning, social media, email, SEO, SEM and mobile.
- Knowledgeable across both Marketing and Information Technology and able to coordinate projects and support communication across the two areas. Working together to achieve the broader goal.
- Experience with content management systems (e.g., Umbraco & WordPress ideal), information architecture, user experience/accessibility and digital media.
- Familiar with web accessibility legislation WCAG 2.0 and spam legislation.
- Experience with marketing automation software
- Familiar with responsive web design and frameworks (Bootstrap).
Location: London, ON
Position Type: This is a full-time (35-hours/week) temporary contract covering a leave, ending January 2023.
Typical Hiring Range: Based on the salary band for this role, external candidates can expect to be offered a starting salary in the range of $65,200 – $81,500. When determining salary we consider the market, candidate experience, as well as internal equity. Once in the role, successful candidates will have the opportunity to progress through the range and beyond the hiring range of the band, through annual increases. The maximum salary for this band is approximately 20% higher than the top end of the hiring range.
Do you think you would be a good fit for the role? Tell us why by submitting your resume and cover letter via the Ivey Careers page today! Note: Application will close November 2, 2021.
Effective September 7, 2021, all employees and visitors to campus are required to comply with Western's COVID-19 Vaccination Policy.
Diversity & Accommodation:
Ivey Business School invites applications from all qualified individuals. Ivey is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace, and welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodation for interviews or other meetings, please contact Ivey Human Resources at email@example.com or by telephone at 519-661-2111 ext. 85771.
Similar searches: Marketing & Communications