Senior Communications Officer (English Services) - EDM00684
Senior Communications Officer (English Services) - EDM00684
Job Family: Communications
Primary Location: Edmonton
Status of Employment: Temporary, Full-time
Work at CBC/Radio-Canada
At CBC/Radio-Canada, we create content that informs, entertains and connects Canadians on multiple platforms. Our successes and accomplishments are driven by embodying and upholding values, which include creativity, integrity, inclusiveness and relevance.
Do you think you have the ability and drive to keep up with this exciting, ever-changing industry? Whether it be in front of the camera, on air, online or behind the scenes, you would be joining a team that thrives on making connections and telling stories that are important to Canadians.
Are you a vibrant community connector? A strategic digital marketer? A creative brand storyteller?
CBC Edmonton is looking for an energetic Senior Communications Officer (Marketing) to join the Communications, Brand and Marketing team. The successful candidate will execute a variety of marketing/communications strategies, projects and initiatives to support CBC’s digital, radio and television programming and will report to the Communications Manager.
If you have a passion for CBC, a flair for connecting with audiences, a wealth of community connections, and an ability to thrive in fast-paced environments, this job is for you!
Please note this is a temporary, full-time opportunity until September 2022.
- Leading and developing community engagement for CBC Edmonton. Work closely with community partners to develop community engagement strategies and plans through partnerships, and CBC-owned events or outreach.
- Supporting editorial initiatives led by local programs and shows including special programming, live events and broadcasts, host appearances and mobile bureaus.
- Advancing a strategic shift to establish CBC as relevant to a young, culturally diverse audience.
- Developing and implementing strategic, integrated marketing plans to promote our programming and the CBC brand across all platforms (Social, Digital, Radio, TV).
- Creating and executing creative social media strategies for established and emerging platforms that deepen our community connections and elevate a range of voices.
- Monitoring, managing and executing campaigns from conception to implementation, analyzing performance and optimizing content.
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams and departments to develop and generate strategic campaigns that attract target audiences and foster meaningful engagement.
- Cultivating and managing relationships with internal and external partners.
- Understand the diverse and changing population in Edmonton, passionate about community and relationship building, and be connected to Edmonton’s young, multicultural communities
- A strong desire to live and promote the values of diversity and an inclusive and respectful work culture.
- Proficiency in digital/social trends and best practices with the ability to put into real-time practice. Experience in creating and executing social strategies/campaigns and managing business social channels.
- Knowledge of languages other than English is considered an asset.
- Strong writing, editing and proofreading skills, and ability to adapt writing for different audiences and platforms.
- Organizational and time management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks, and manage multiple projects on tight deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, judgement and initiative with a demonstrated solutions-focus and positive attitude.
- Proven ability to create and execute paid advertising strategies, analyze results and adjust tactics to increase engagement.
- Experience in event logistics and brand activation execution is preferred.
- Flexibility in work hours as operations demand, including the ability to work shift work, including evenings, weekends and holidays, as required.
- Ability to travel when required.
- Possession of a valid driver’s licence as well as a driving record that meets the minimum requirements of CBC/Radio-Canada.
- Post-secondary certificate, diploma or a university degree in Communications/Public Relations or Marketing, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Five or more years of experience in communications, public relations and/or marketing.
Knowledge of the following is desirable:
- Google Workspace (Docs, Drive, Sheets, Slides, Calendar, Meet).
- InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop or Canva with an understanding of print and digital specs for creative outputs.
Think this job is meant for you but worried you don’t have it all? At CBC/Radio-Canada, we recognize that not everyone takes the same path when it comes to building their skills. If you feel you meet most of the qualifications and you are excited by the possibility of adding to the rich culture of the CBC, take a chance and express your interest by applying now!
Candidates may be subject to skills and knowledge testing.
If this sounds interesting, please click on ''Apply online''. We thank all applicants for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
CBC/Radio-Canada is committed to being a leader in reflecting our country’s diversity. That’s because we can only create and tell the stories that connect Canadians, by having a workforce that mirrors the ever-changing makeup of our country. That’s why we, as an employer, value equal opportunity and nurture an inclusive workplace where our individual differences are not only recognized and valued, but also extend to and pervade all the services we provide as Canada’s public broadcaster. For more information, visit the Diversity and Inclusion section of our website. If you have accommodation needs at this stage of the recruitment process, please inform us as soon as possible by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
You are invited to consult and familiarize yourself with our Code of Conduct, which can be found on our corporate website. All employees must adhere to the Code as a condition of employment. We also invite you to take a look at our policy on conflicts of interest. In the event that you become an employee, it will be important to inform us, as quickly as possible, of any situation that, because of your hiring, constitutes or could appear to constitute a conflict of interest.
Please apply online at: https://rita.illicohodes.com/go/615c86fc558a7624985834ab/51fc022158b70066fae49f3e/en
Similar searches: Marketing & Communications