Position: Head of Philanthropy Marketing
Reports to: Director of Philanthropy Enablement Services
Position Term: 12-month contract
Deadline: Open Until Filled
Location: Remote for the near future (Within Canada)
The Head of Philanthropy Marketing will play a critical role in the enablement of national marketing initiatives that support the front-line fundraisers on the Philanthropy Engagement teams. The successful candidate will lead a marketing team, the development of multi-media marketing strategies and detailed plans and direct the execution of several segment-specific treatments to prospect, acquire, cultivate, and retain target audiences across - HNW donors, annual donors, foundations, corporations, and pastors. We are on a growth strategy amid several global humanitarian crises so this role requires a seasoned leader who can handle a large volume of work, bring new digital ideas, and inspire a team to achieve.
The market leader will have the ability to develop a deep understanding of our target audiences, the evolving market landscape, and our programs and translate insights into impactful marketing strategies, plans, messaging, content, graphics, and enablement materials.
To be successful in this role, they should have significant experience in direct marketing, digital marketing, persuasive selling, events, and strategic sponsorships as well as an understanding of how scaled marketing channels like direct and email marketing, earned media, and social media can be used to engage with both individual and corporate audiences. They should also have proven leadership abilities to lead a growing marketing team, as well as direct copy writers and graphic designers.
Reporting to the Director of Philanthropy Enablement Services, the role requires a heavy focus on strategy development, operational excellence, leadership, and deep marketing acumen. The role will be ultimately accountable for World Vision’s philanthropy products and ensuring donor satisfaction across our target audiences, representing $30M+ in annual revenue.
Duties and responsibilities
As part of the Philanthropy Marketing team that enables our frontline fundraisers, the seasoned marketing leader will:
- Work shoulder-to-shoulder with peer leaders across the organization to deepen our understanding of the target segments and to develop tailored treatments for acquisition, cultivation, and retention.
- Lead, develop and coach a marketing team to execute plans efficiently and effectively, utilizing data and insights, with the support of data analysts, to inform strategies and to test, iterate and improve.
- Working in an agile environment manage the intake of marketing requests, review and prioritize backlog, and utilize sprint planning, check-ins, and retrospectives to organize the work of the team.
- Work together with World Vision’s Programs and Product Alignment teams have a deep understanding of the value proposition of specific global humanitarian programs and approaches that we are seeking funds to support.
- Ensure marketing team has the relevant tools and assets both internally and externally for execution (e.g., access to writers, designer, digital support, video editing support) and actively collaborate across these teams to create clear processes, efficiency and remove impediments.
- Work with the Supporter Experience event team to execute donor facing fundraising and engagement events for both cultivation and stewardship purposes.
- Assist in the preparation of donor meetings and oral presentation materials as required
- Work with the Brand, Creative & Campaigns team to ensure that all communications produced are World Vision brand compliant.
- Work with Center of Excellence’s digital marketing team and Strategic Communication’s team to ensure execution of high quality, integrated philanthropy strategies.
- Ensure style guides and systems are in place within the team to guide the execution of marketing products and ensure quality review takes place.
- Work with Philanthropy &Partnership’s Operations Manager to ensure vendor contracts are up to date and positive vendor relationships maintained.
- Coordinate internal team debriefs after events, campaigns, proposal & report submissions.
- Minimum 15 years of experience in a senior marketing role.
- Minimum 8 years of people leadership.
- Development of fact-derived target audience strategies with complimentary collateral with call to actions that drive revenue.
- Run multi-channel marketing acquisition campaigns.
- Proven success working with digital and social communications.
- Experience with high-end signature events and national coast-to-coast events.
- Intimate understanding of the creative process and experience working with creative teams and external agencies.
- Experience with fundraising or brand management is an asset.
Skill Qualifications include:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in marketing, communications or equivalent.
- Extensive leadership and coaching skills to provide strategic leadership to a wide portfolio of segments, while empowering and motivating a marketing team to execute and learn.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Organized, detail-oriented and highly deadline-driven.
- Strong project management skills, the ability to establish priorities, set and manage schedules and coordinate multiple projects at one time.
- Highly collaborative and the ability to interact effectively with all levels of the organization
- Highly developed computer skills, including the Microsoft Office suite and cloud-based technology.
Similar searches: Marketing & Communications