True North Sports + Entertainment (True North or TNSE) is looking to add to its team of employees who excel at providing a superior patron experience at all our venues, while managing and showcasing a premium lineup of sports and entertainment brands. The True North family is a committed, passionate, and hard-working team of dedicated employees that consistently deliver results, demonstrate innovation, and embrace True North’s vision, mission and values. Reporting to the Chief Brand & Commercial Officer and serving as a member of the senior leadership team, the Vice President, Communications & Content will be responsible for strategy and operations related to True North’s communications, media, content and social media functions. This role will be charged with creating and leveraging communication and content capabilities to grow fandom and revenue opportunities. In addition, this role will have responsibility for telling True North’s community story through content and social media and while integrating and promoting True North’s vision, mission, strategy and values with our guests, employees, community and other stakeholders.
True North owns and operates the Winnipeg Jets (NHL) and Manitoba Moose (AHL), who both play at Canada Life Centre, which hosts 150+ events annually. TNSE also operates a Bell MTS Iceplex, Burton Cummings Theatre, True North Real Estate Development, and we are closely tied to the True North Youth Foundation (TNYF). While having a diverse portfolio of operations, TNSE’s focal point is operating an NHL franchise in a Canadian market landscape with passionate fans and partners that care deeply for our community and teams. This offers tremendous opportunity, but also the responsibility of being the steward of sports and entertainment in our market.
As an organization, we are guided in our day to day under the direction of our Vision, Mission and Values.
True North endeavours to be recognized as a preeminent organization within the National Hockey League, the American Hockey League, and the North American entertainment industry. We further strive to establish ourselves as an integral asset to the City of Winnipeg and Province of Manitoba, and to be a consistent source of pride for our entire community.
We are relentless in our pursuit of providing a superior patron experience in all of our facilities,
developing championship caliber hockey teams, nurturing and providing opportunities for our
colleagues, and collectively making a meaningful and consistent contribution to our community.
• Team • Trust & Respect
• Do the Right Thing • Continuous Improvement
For more information on TNSE, Winnipeg Jets and TNYF,
visit: www.tnse.com www.winnipegjets.com and www.tnyf.ca
• Using data and analytics to ground decision-making, develop an annual (and eventually multi-year) plan that supports the growth of revenue and addressable customer base through communications and content capabilities across a variety of mediums. This strategy must be consistent with True North’s Vision /Mission / Values; and consistent in communication (message and frequency).
• On a foundation of trust, develop a network of internal and external relationships that provides awareness for all facets of True North, and in particular developments, issues, circumstances that may require an informal or formal communications protocol – and developing appropriate messaging and methods to communicate the message.
• Serve as a resource to all departments of True North, providing tools, advice, counsel and encouragement to tell True North’s story in consistent, genuine and meaningful way.
• Responsible for overseeing media relations and crisis communications and public affairs matters as needed.
• Deepen relationships with external media including with its host broadcaster, local and national media.
• Liaising with senior management, hockey operations, event marketing/management, and other departments as required, prepare press releases/conferences, arrange and/or provide interviews – with media, community groups, True North employees and other stakeholders.
• Work closely with Marketing and Sales departments to grow addressable audience across True North business lines and monetize content/social media through development of content/social media calendars and partner opportunity proposals.
• Work closely with Business Intelligence team to ensure content and social media strategies are informed by data and that regular media/content/social media reports are created and distributed to measure effectiveness of work effort against objectives.
• Participate in, consult with, support, and contribute/provide feedback for direct communications, including: web/ social media/digital presence, Report to the Community, Annual Report, Board and Lender reporting, proposal submissions, presentations by True North staff, and other direct communications to stakeholders.
• Provide leadership and guidance to the communications, content and social media teams to ensure efforts are prioritized against strategic objectives and with an eye to continuous improvement.
• Provide leadership and opportunity to amplify efforts related to Community Relations and the True North Youth Foundation, assisting in the planning, organizing, integration of communications, content and social media efforts.
Working closely with Human Resource and Senior Management teams, assist in communicating and presenting information, training, and messaging that inspires and promotes alignment to True North’s vision, mission, strategy, values and operating goals.
Work with Business Intelligence department other relevant operating groups to understand the effectiveness of True North’s communications and contents efforts against objectives and competitors/peers, as well as emerging trends in the content and social media space and distill data into meaningful information, upon which to make decisions.
• With a focus on communication, content and social media, assist executive management in upholding brand values.
• Participate with the rest of the senior management team, in promoting True North Brand integration and alignment, in all areas of the organization.
Fundamental Competencies & Qualifications
• 10-15+ years of progressive leadership experience in communications, media, content and social media at a consumer facing business or organization, preferably within the sports and/or entertainment industry.
• Bachelor’s degree and post-graduate certificate in Public Relations, Corporate Communications or Communications Studies.
• Have genuine interest, desire and commitment (time and effort) to make a meaningful contribution to our city and province, with an organization that shares your passion.
• Superior verbal/written communication, interpersonal and presentation skills.
• Deep understanding of communications, content and social media measurement and analytics tools and in particular Google Analytics, Sprout Social and native social media analytics tools in order to drive strategic decision making.
• Experience in strategy development and execution.
• Above average organizational skills – and the ability to oversee content and editorial calendars,
effectively manage conflicting and competing demands within tight timelines.
• Effective use of PC based tools, particularly Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel.
• Keen attention to detail.
Cultural and Values Alignment
At its core, True North’s economic and operational engine is fuelled by an employee team that is aligned with True North’s culture and values.
FOR THOSE INTERESTED IN APPLYING FOR THIS POSITION:
• Please email a cover letter and CV, including salary expectations in PDF format as one document to email@example.com.
• The closing date for accepting submissions for this position is: Friday November 3rd.
• Applicants should identify if they require accommodation during the competition process (on a confidential basis).
• This posting is available in alternate formats upon request.
• A competitive compensation/benefits package will be commensurate with the experience and capacity of the successful candidate.
Due to the nature of the sports and entertainment industry where indoor public assembly takes place, it is True North’s expectation that all employees must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 in a manner approved by Health Canada. Providing confirmation of full vaccine status is a condition of employment unless a request for accommodation in accordance with The Human Rights Code (Manitoba) has been received and approved by True North. Reasonable documentation supporting any request for accommodation will be required.
We thank all that apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Similar searches: Marketing & Communications