Status: Full-Time, continuous
Hours: Some travel, occasional weekend or evening work
Salary: $58,600 - $84,300 (position with benefits and pension plan)
Closing date: October 24, 2021
Equity, Diversity and Inclusion:
It is the National Arts Centre’s goal to be a more welcoming, inclusive, accessible, and diverse organization for all Canadians. We believe that the basis of this inclusivity requires a socially and culturally diverse workforce and, therefore, we actively seek to recruit candidates who identify as women, Indigenous, Black, Persons of Colour (IBPoC), persons from the LGBTQ2+ community and persons with disabilities. We encourage you to self-identify in the recruitment process.
The incumbent may be required to work remotely either full-time or in a hybrid fashion until the end of the pandemic. All necessary working tools needed to fulfill the duties and responsibilities of this position will be provided to the employee for this purpose.
The NAC recognizes its heightened duty to protect employees from health and safety risks during the current pandemic. Therefore, an offer of employment shall be conditional upon receipt of written confirmation that the selected candidate has been fully vaccinated. Certified medical conditions will be accommodated as well as exemptions based on established religious objection.
The above information will be filed in keeping with the Privacy Act.
Introducing the National Arts Centre
The National Arts Centre (NAC) is Canada’s bilingual, multi-disciplinary home for the performing arts. The NAC presents, creates, produces, and co-produces performing arts programming in various streams—the NAC Orchestra, Dance, English Theatre, French Theatre, Indigenous Theatre, and Popular Music and Variety—and nurtures the next generation of audiences and artists from across Canada.
Curious to learn more? We invite you to read our strategic plan for 2020-2023 in The Next Act
Collaboration, innovation and community-led engagement are only some of the many initiatives the NAC will leverage to help shape a more diverse, equitable, and inclusive future for the performing arts in Canada. One that embodies our slogan and loudly proclaims that Canada is our stage.
Reporting to the Senior Marketing Manager and in partnership with key stakeholders, the MARKETING STRATEGIST is a crucial part of the growth and elevation of our artistic disciplines. As the chosen candidate, you will be responsible for raising the profile of the NAC Orchestra (NACO) - locally, nationally and internationally. By extension, your role is tasked with increasing demand, loyalty and engagement with orchestral music from our stages – be they in the National Capital Region (NCR) or otherwise. Through the proactive design of NACO’s strategic vision and voice, through leading the creation of compelling content and by driving targeted (digital) distribution of assets, you will be pivotal in instigating the sustainable growth of NACO’s audience. You will develop and execute strategic marketing campaigns for critical initiatives such as: concert promotions, recordings, young artist training programs, national and international tours, and family programming.
In addition, you will also be instrumental in developing and leading the implementation of comprehensive roadmaps for the NAC Orchestra. And, as a key part of the Audience Engagement team, you will help inform and influence industry-leading strategies for marketing, promoting and growing the arts in Canada.
You will thrive in this role because:
- You believe that the best brands, products and entities create emotionally rich experiences
- You are curious and love doing as much as discovering
- You are invested in helping the arts in Canada thrive
- You are ready for a meaningful challenge.
- Develop and execute a comprehensive awareness strategy for the NAC Orchestra, its players, conductors and guest artists that hinges on the creation of unique and compelling multi-media content disseminated through digital channels;
- Develop and execute strategic marketing plans for NACO products, events and initiatives
- Increase exposure and attendance of NAC Orchestra
- Establish key metrics and milestones of marketing projects;
- Schedule, and manage workload to ensure timely and successful completion of milestones and overall projects;
- Participate in the development of marketing strategies and projects, ensure their executions, develop key performance metrics, monitor and analyse progress, and report on status as appropriate;
- Develop direct marketing solutions to achieve overall revenue and awareness goals;
- Cultivate and grow relationships with new and existing patrons and partners through a commitment to service;
- Design and implement new audience development initiatives;
- Work with other Marketing, Digital, Visitor Experience and Artistic teams to stimulate ideas and develop projects that build upon NAC strategic initiatives;
- Develop, monitor and maintain marketing budgets as assigned.
- Post secondary diploma/degree in Business, Marketing, related discipline or comparable work experience;
- Fluency in both official languages is required;
- Minimum three (3) years experience in a related marketing role;
- Experience managing budgets;
- Knowledgeable about classical music;
- Passionate about live performance;
- Expertise in marketing campaign strategy development, implementation and analysis;
- Strong project management skills;
- Superior knowledge of and experience in e-marketing, including social media and digital solutions;
- Superior communications skills, particularly, but not exclusively in a written capacity (both writing and editing), including ability to create / edit copy for collateral materials, social media posts and web content;
- Creative and analytical thinking;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced, high-volume environment with shifting priorities and multiple stakeholders;
- Superior planning and problem-solving skills;
- Demonstrate initiative and sound judgment;
- Proficiency in using MS Word and Excel;
- Must be available for some travel, weekend and evening work;
- Experience in arts and/or entertainment marketing would be an asset.
Who can apply:
Persons residing in Canada and Canadian citizens residing abroad. Preference will be given to Canadian citizens.
Candidates invited to an interview will be responsible for all travel and accommodation expenses. If relocation is required, the successful candidate will be expected to pay for their relocation expenses.
The successful candidate will be required to provide a valid Criminal Record Check as a condition of employment.
While we appreciate all applications, only those selected for interview will be contacted.
How to apply:
Please submit your cover letter and resume online through our ‘Careers Opportunities’ website at https://nac-cna.ca/en/careers.
Similar searches: Marketing & Communications