Senior Digital Marketing Advisor
- Cabinet Office
- Job Category
- Marketing & Communications, Technology and Digital Media
- Job Type
Our mission at the Marketing and Digital Strategy Branch is to work with our ministry partners to provide best-in-class marketing, social media, digital analytics and media buying for government programs and initiatives. For us, it’s all about a citizen-centred approach, ensuring the people of Ontario are aware of, and have access to, the services they need. It’s about inspiring change to help citizens understand the decisions they can make every day to make life safer, easier and inclusive.
We're committed to enhancing government marketing by bringing more services in-house to deliver campaigns and strategies. We want creative people who can collaborate and deliver concrete results for complex, interesting problems.
If you have diverse skills, can balance many responsibilities and want to work in an exciting, fast-paced environment, then look no further!
The Marketing and Digital Strategy team at Cabinet Office is looking for four Senior Digital Marketing Advisors to join our Media Buying, Performance and Optimization team.
Cabinet Office < https://data.ontario.ca/organization/cabinet-office > is the Premier's ministry. It provides the Premier and his Cabinet with advice and analysis to help the government achieve its priorities.
The Marketing, Enterprise Services and Insights Division is our new, integrated enterprise service delivery and capacity-building division. The division provides strategic, enterprise-wide marketing services and capacity building that will support continuous improvement activities and improve performance throughout the Communications community.
The Marketing and Digital Strategy < http://www.infogo.gov.on.ca/infogo/#orgProfile/4027/en > (MADS) Branch in Cabinet Office Communications is a full-service, one-window partner for all marketing and communications needs. The branch offers complete end-to-end service, from marketing support and copywriting, to video, photo and design services, as well as content and web support for Ontario.ca.
What can I expect to do in this role?
As a Senior Digital Marketing Advisor, you will:
- Develop and present digital strategic direction for government ministry initiatives (including Programmatic, Search & Social)
- Manage and oversee the execution and performance of social, search, display, and video advertising campaigns through the full campaign lifecycle, including client management, campaign set-up, ad serving, campaign optimization and reporting
- Proactively identify new ways to test in-platform (tactics, structural changes, reporting, etc.) via thorough understanding of DSPs, Google Ads/Bing, Ad Servers and web analytics platforms
- Provide an analytical and insightful perspective to campaign activity, building out KPI and measurement frameworks
- Build and foster strong internal relationships with clients and colleagues
Location: 99 Wellesley Street West, Toronto
How do I qualify?
Media Buying & Platform Expertise
- Experience developing and delivering digital media campaigns across SEM, display and social, including providing strategy, research/testing, measurement/reporting and implementation/optimization
- Knowledge of Google Marketing Platforms, Adobe Marketing Cloud, or similar
- Understanding of Search (e.g., Google, Bing, etc.) and Social Media Platforms (e.g., Facebook Business Manager, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.)
- Ability to provide insights and analysis on segmentation, data, and marketing strategies
- Understanding of the operational foundations of advertising technology (trafficking, budget management, creative process)
- Experience developing marketing effectiveness dashboards (e.g., Data Studio, Tableau, or similar), reporting templates, and incorporating data from multiple sources (web/media analytics tools, social media monitoring tools and traditional market research) and provide in-depth performance analysis and optimization recommendations
- Knowledge of accessible design best practices and related legislation and guidelines (e.g., Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, Government Advertising Act) to ensure developed materials and projects comply
- Up-to-date knowledge of industry best practices and trends
Strategic Thinking & Analytical Skills
- Strong ability to deliver digital strategy recommendations supported by research, testing and available tools and resources
- Ability to evaluate campaign effectiveness and identify areas for optimization
- Strong experience with campaign evaluation, analysis and reporting
- Ability to provide advice on digital media trends, challenges and opportunities for campaigns
- Strong ability to identify and troubleshoot problems related to project deliverables, and develop recommendations for mitigation where risk has been identified or a change of course is required
Project Management & Leadership
- Demonstrated experience leading the development and implementation of a digital marketing campaign, ensuring strong connections with teams and clients
- Experience leading market research and environmental scans to identify issues, best practices, trends and opportunities; analyze and monitor multimedia and social/digital media trends, markets, target populations, channels and issues; and make recommendations on optimum direction, strategy and/or approach as well as appropriate media
Interpersonal & Communication Skills
- Experience with mediating and negotiating to achieve consensus with stakeholders regarding program requirements
- Confident and capable communicator with senior ministry officials to provide advice and briefings, and exchange information
- Strong ability to initiate and nurture effective working relationships with colleagues throughout the ministry, and the Ontario Public Service and with external stakeholders
OPS commitment to diversity, inclusion, accessibility, and anti-racism:
We are committed to build a workforce that reflects the communities we serve and to promote a diverse, anti-racist, inclusive, accessible, merit-based, respectful and equitable workplace.
We invite all interested individuals to apply and encourage applications from people with disabilities, Indigenous, Black, and racialized individuals, as well as people from a diversity of ethnic and cultural origins, sexual orientations, gender identities and expressions.
Visit the OPS Anti-Racism Policy < https://www.ontario.ca/page/ontario-public-service-anti-racism-policy > and the OPS Diversity and Inclusion Blueprint < https://www.ontario.ca/page/ops-inclusion-diversity-blueprint > pages to learn more about the OPS commitment to advance racial equity, accessibility, diversity, and inclusion in the public service.
We offer employment accommodation across the recruitment process and all aspects of employment consistent with the requirements of Ontario’s Human Rights Code < http://www.ohrc.on.ca/en/ontario-human-rights-code >. Refer to the application instructions below if you require a disability-related accommodation.
- 4 Permanent
- The successful candidate may be required to undergo a satisfactory criminal reference check prior to the commencement of employment.
Salary Range: $74,136 - $109,246 per year
Please click on the following link to submit your application, by Friday, October 8, 2021 at 11:59 PM EST, quoting Job ID 169562: APPLY NOW < https://hrassociates.wufoo.com/forms/cabinet-office-senior-digital-marketing-advisor/ >. Your application should not exceed five pages and your document must be named according to the following format: “FirstName LastName”.
Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer. Accommodation is available under the Ontario Human Rights Code < http://www.ohrc.on.ca/en/guide-your-rights-and-responsibilities-under-human-rights-code-0 >. If you require accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please let us know.