Marketing & Communications Specialist
Who we are
You know those big cities that still feel like small towns? Where everyone’s friendly and helps each other out? That’s like Grant Thornton. Except here we’re all professionals and there isn’t a mayor or a general store. What we’re trying to say is that we’re a large and growing professional services firm that still feels like a community. We employ over 2500 people across Canada, and we truly care about our colleagues, our clients and the communities where we work and live. That’s what’s most important to us. We’re building a thriving organization that’s purpose driven and still want to remember what your favourite milkshake flavour is.
Grant Thornton LLP is looking for a Marketing & Communications Specialist to join our Southern Ontario team. In this role, you will have a direct impact on business success, by providing strategic marketing direction and support to our professionals in 15 offices across the south of the province.
This role reports to the Senior Manager, Regional Marketing (Central Canada), and is a member of the firm-wide marketing team, collaborating both regionally and nationally. It is based in downtown Toronto; however, it sometimes requires travel to other offices in Southern Ontario. It also requires flexibility to attend offsite events, sometimes in the evenings.
As a Marketing & Communications Specialist you will:
• Work closely with the Senior Manager, Regional Marketing (Central Canada) to execute and contribute to the development of marketing plans and campaigns within Southern Ontario, as well as support the local execution of national campaigns. Collaborate with National Marketing specialists in communications, digital, PR, etc. to help bring your campaigns to life.
• Partner with internal clients and colleagues to understand business priorities and make strategic marketing recommendations to achieve business objectives. Learn the business by engaging and building relationships with them.
• Function like a consultant to internal clients, bringing value to the entire marketing process. Ask questions about who the target audience is and what they want them to think, feel, do, or say as a result of a campaign.
• Understand the touch points and stages of a sale, and where the prospect or client is within the lifecycle, including planning and anticipating when offers needs to be developed and delivered, and what form they should take.
• Educate internal clients on the role of marketing, including the processes and required inputs to produce effective campaigns, and work with them to plan for periods of high demand.
Be Grant Thornton
If you’re a bit like us, you’re driven to connect with how others are feeling and thinking. Here we walk in others shoes before taking action. Just imagine being part of a team that puts “we before me”, where flexAbility is a mindset, and where you trust your colleagues to have your back. At Grant Thornton, you’ll work with inspiring leaders who support your development, both personally and professionally. This is a place where your insatiable curiosity enables you to think, see and hear from a variety of perspectives, a place where every day is different and having the courage to grow is part of who you are. And when all this comes together, well that’s when the magic happens!
Want to learn more about who we are and how we live our purple every day? Read our colleagues’ stories at www.discoveryourpurple.ca
Think you’ve got what it takes to be a Marketing & Communications Specialist? Like the colour purple? Great. Here's a few more boxes we’re also hoping you can tick:
• Marketing Diploma/Degree in marketing, communication
• 3+ years related experience
• 3+ years experience with email marketing and CRM management
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, with proven ability to present and sell your ideas at all levels of an organization
• Strategic marketer and thinker, with a specific focus on providing business growth opportunities
• 2+ years experience with campaign planning, implementation, measurement and reporting
• Digital and social media experience
• Ability to analyze and interpret data, and use those insights to develop actionable ideas
• Strong project management skills, with ability to prioritize and manage multiple campaigns
• A desire to improve processes, and comfortable using technology
• Personal interest in staying current on marketing and business development trends
At Grant Thornton we’re focused on making a difference in the lives of our clients, our colleagues and our communities. That’s our purpose. Or, as we like to say, living our purple.
Are you ready to Discover Your Purple?
Similar searches: Marketing & Communications