Position: Director, Marketing
Reports To: Vice President, Philanthropy & Partnerships
Position Term: Full Time Temporary (17-month contract)
Application Deadline: Until Filled
Location: Remote (Within Canada)
The Director, Marketing leads the product marketing, prospect, research, reporting and all other backend enablement services required to support the Philanthropy Engagement teams to provide an inspiring customer journey to Major donors, Middle donors, Corporates, Foundations, Churches and Planned Giving. Using a bespoke and targeted approach, the Philanthropy Enablement Marketing team works to create specialized products that will draw customers into a deeper connection with our field programs, inspiring and engaging them at a customized level to motivate and steward higher levels of giving. With the goal of allowing the Philanthropy Engagement team to be 80% market facing, the Philanthropy Enablement team also supplies new prospects, research profiles, reporting dashboards, supports backend processing and maintains the CRM database. The Director role and team works strategically across the organization to leverage resources, build tools, and improve processes that help build a ‘culture of philanthropy’ within an organization that is used to a mass approach.
Duties and responsibilities
- Coach and support the Marketing Manager and their team in the creation of bespoke products, campaigns and strategies that support critical points in the donor cycle from cultivation and solicitation to stewardship.
- Coach and support the Operations Manager and their team to ensure prospect, research and pipeline reporting needs of the business unit are met, financial reporting dashboards are accurate, the CRM system is optimized for advisors, and all other backend needs of the business unit are fulfilled.
- Coach and support the Campaign Manager and their team in building the capital-style campaign product, executing the journey of senior volunteer committees, and providing agile management of the campaign across the organization as well as project management needs of the business unit.
- Oversee the Foundations revenue stream with the Foundations-tasked role(s) through ensuring alignment of project opportunities to proposals, submission of proposals and execution of stewardship.
- Provide oversight to the Campaign Manager in the annual and multi-year case for support development and ensure that inventory of projects and program support is in place to meet proposal development and impact reporting needs for Philanthropy Engagement teams.
- Facilitate and support executive engagement in philanthropic fundraising together with Director of Philanthropy Engagement which can include preparing presentations and attending donor meetings.
- Coach and support an agile culture across the business unit to enable quick responses, prioritization of backlog, and includes personal direct participation in team activities as needed to model and provide surge support.
- Together with Director of Philanthropy Engagement, ensure that service level agreements are in place between Engagement and Enablement teams as needed to manage expectations and facilitate positive, easy cross team collaboration. E.g., Donor recognition framework for stewardship.
- Work collaboratively across the organization to leverage resources, minimize barriers, and pursue new strategies that will provide a better experience for target customer groups (E.g., Programs & Policy, Product Alignment, Digital, Events).
- Proactively participate in global discussions on the product and program side of World Vision and pursue the fulfillment of global philanthropy objectives including sharing of global inventory.
- Support Operations team to lead and execute all contracts and RFP processes for new vendors for Philanthropy through the Procurement team Co-lead the process of annual. planning, budgeting, and revenue projections together with the other Directors.
- Monitor budget execution and variances for the Philanthropy team, bringing forward key concerns and decisions to the other Directors and Vice President of Philanthropy & Partnerships.
Key cross-functional interfaces
- Philanthropy Engagement and Church Engagement: Working shoulder to shoulder in a proactive and collaborative way to serve these internal customers to enable them to serve our donors and influencers with excellence.
- Product Alignment: Agreement on Fund Alignment plan, ensuring alignment of fundraising opportunities and sign off on marketing collateral throughout the year.
- Programs & Policy: To coordinate alignment between field needs and donor needs and inform donors of progress on projects.
- Centers of Excellences: To assist with product delivery execution and align on brand. Includes also working directly with external agencies as needed to deliver on the needs of the business unit.
- International WV Offices: Ensuring global inventory setup, engaging with field offices for content gathering and program set up, and strategy alignment on Philanthropy initiatives.
- University degree from a relevant university program; Master’s degree in a relevant field such as marketing, fundraising, business, international development, or economics is an asset.
- Minimum 7 years in a senior leadership role managing diverse teams including marketing strategy.
- Superior operational excellence, able to drive forward a team to accomplish a high number of objectives for the year.
- Entrepreneurial and agile minded, able to pivot quickly to create new value.
- Strategic, big picture thinker with an ability to develop directly and through managers innovative solutions, detailed plans, and cost-efficient processes.
- High energy, enthusiasm, and a demonstrated ability to work professionally and effectively under pressure.
- Strong client, customer, or donor service orientation.
- Superior communications skills including oral/public speaking, written, and listening.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills including coaching, encouraging, motivating, collaboration and negotiation, managing change, and building resiliency.
- Strong analytical, planning skills: budgeting, operating plan development, business case development.
- Experience in a Christian ministry leadership capacity; ability to provide spiritual leadership through devotions, prayer, discernment, and wisdom.
Similar searches: Marketing & Communications