Behavioural Marketing Strategist
- Bank of Canada
- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
Take a central role
The Bank of Canada has a vision to be “a leading central bank—dynamic, engaged and trusted—committed to a better Canada.” No other employer in the country offers you the unique opportunity to work at the very center of Canada’s economy, in a diverse and inclusive organization with significant impact on the economic and financial well-being of all Canadians. You will be challenged, energized and motivated to excel in an environment where we are reinventing central banking, renewing ways of doing business and reinforcing a culture of innovation.
Find out more about the next steps in our Recruitment process.
The Bank of Canada is embarking on a program of major social significance to design a contingent system for a central bank digital currency (CBDC), which can be thought of as a banknote, but in digital form. This project will require us to break new ground. It will take into consideration a wide variety of factors, including policy considerations, diverse stakeholder needs, difficult technical challenges and the development of a technical architecture to realize a CBDC pilot system.
For further background information on the CBDC program, please refer to the Contingency Planning for a Central Bank Digital Currency background note, Money and Payments in the Digital Age speech by Deputy Governor Tim Lane and Staff Analytical Notes on Technology Approach for a CBDC, Privacy in CBDC technology and Security of a CBDC.
What you will do
As Senior Analyst, Marketing Strategy, you will lead the development of a go-to-market strategy and behavioural marketing campaign for a Central Bank Digital Currency (CBDC). Reporting to the Director, Stakeholder Relations Initiatives, and in collaboration with colleagues in the Communications Department and across the Bank, you will contribute to building the Bank’s capacity to run a major pan-Canadian marketing campaign.
You will leverage the expertise of external consultants to develop a needs assessment, conduct market research, develop a go-to-market strategy, and ultimately design an effective behavioural marketing campaign.
In addition, you will:
- act as the Bank’s primary resource on marketing and serve as liaison with external suppliers of marketing strategy, advertising and creative agency services
- provide strategic leadership on the development of marketing products, tactics, and channel strategies
- develop audience segmentation strategies using internal and external research
- monitor and evaluate the payments environment to identify risks and opportunities for introducing a new product in the market
- determine financial aspects of marketing programs for new product development such as budgets, expenditures, to assess impact and market performance.
What you need to succeed
- ability to research, develop, plan, implement, and evaluate major marketing strategies and campaigns
- in-depth understanding of research design and analysis, audience segmentation, positioning strategies, behaviour selection and change tools, marketing and communications tactics and tools
- knowledge with building new brands and introducing new products to consumer markets
- experience in developing large-scale marketing and advertising budgets, and in the use of analytics to assess success of strategies and tactics
- experience in working with firms in the marketing, advertising and creative industries
- ability to work with multidisciplinary teams including, marketing, communications, stakeholder relations, and technical/product developers.
- knowledge of the Bank of Canada’s functions, policies and external communications objectives
- knowledge of the Canadian economy, financial industry, payments system and digital currencies
Your education and experience
This position requires a bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, communications or related discipline and a minimum of seven years of professional experience in marketing , or an equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
What you need to know
- Language requirement: English and French essential (bilingual) with a minimum starting level of functional (level 4) in second official language. Training may be provided to help reach the required level of fully functional (level 5) in second official language.
- Priority will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents
- Security level required: Reliability
- You will work remotely from any location within Canada while the Bank operates under mandatory telework. Flexibility for remote work for the duration of the term may be granted.
- Relocation assistance may be provided, if required
- Please save a copy of the job poster. Once the closing date has passed, it will no longer be available.
- In response to the COVID-19 pandemic and further to public health guidelines, preventative measures are being taken to ensure health and safety during the recruitment process. All interviews are conducted virtually.
- The official title for this position is “Senior Analyst, Marketing Strategy CBDC”
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position. Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
What you can expect from us
This is a great opportunity to join a leading organization and be part of a high-performing team. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package designed to meet your needs at every stage of your life and career. For more information on key benefits please visit A great deal to consider.
- Salaries are based on qualifications and experience and typically range from $95,500 to $119,400 (job grade 18)
- Depending on performance, you may be eligible for performance pay for successfully meeting (7 to 10% of your base salary) or for exceeding expectations (15% of your base salary). Exceptional performers who far exceed expectations may be eligible for higher performance pay.
- Flexible and comprehensive benefits so you can choose the level of health and dental coverage that meets your needs
- Extra vacation days (up to five each year) that you can purchase to add to your vacation entitlement
- Option to join the indexed, defined-benefit pension plan after 24 consecutive months of service
We strive to make our policies, programs and workplace more inclusive, respectful and barrier-free. We encourage applications from women, Indigenous peoples, veterans, persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities and persons of all races, ethnic origins, religions, abilities, sexual orientations, and gender identities and expressions.
Similar searches: Banking & Financial Services