Position: Marketing Specialist
Reports to: Marketing Manager
Position Term: Full Time Permanent
Application Deadline: Until Filled
The Marketing Specialist will play a key role in the enablement of marketing and communication initiatives that support the market facing fundraisers Advisors on the Philanthropy & Partnerships team. This role will strategize, plan and execute donor segment-specific treatments to acquire, cultivate and retain the target audiences of Major donors, Middle donors, Corporations, Foundations and/or Churches.
Duties and Responsibilities:
As part of the Philanthropy & Partnerships Enablement Services Marketing team that enables our frontline fundraisers, the Marketing Specialist will:
- Work shoulder-to-shoulder with Advisors to proactively understand the assigned donor segments (i.e. Major donors, Middle donors, Corporations, Foundations, Church and Parachurch leaders).
- Work together with World Vision Programs and Product Alignment teams to have a deep understanding of the value proposition and the specific programs and approaches that we are seeking funds to support.
- In consultation with Advisors, develop strategy and execute tailored treatments and journeys for acquisition, cultivation and retention for assigned target donors.
- Liaise with internal and external writers and graphic designers to create customized communications that are focused and innovative in both approach and creative execution (final product could be social media, reports, videos, presentations, digital collateral, etc.).
- Develop and execute direct mail, emails, social media, events and/or digital strategies and tactics in consultation with relevant internal teams to deploy donor treatments in the most effective ways according to donor preferences.
- Review all French translated marketing materials conducted by agency for accuracy and resonance in the Canadian French speaking market.
- Alongside the World Vision legal team, engage directly with French speaking professional service providers on matters related to Planned Giving.
- Work with Customer Data & Insights Advisors to ensure that product and donor feedback is collected and used to facilitate product and donor experience enhancements, while keeping donor personas top of mind.
- Assist in the preparation of donor meetings and oral presentation materials, as required.
- Participate in all Philanthropy Marketing sprint planning, retrospective, and standup meetings, debriefs and contribute ideas to increase efficiency and quality in execution.
- Oversee the quality review process throughout the proposal and report lifecycles conducting the final review to ensure highest quality is produced (including, spell-check, grammar etc.).
- Proactively follow trends in the industry and external best practice for continual self and program improvement.
- Process all quotations and invoices related to external contracted services.
- Bachelors degree in marketing, communications or equivalent.
- Minimum 8 years of marketing experience.
- Strong experience working with digital and social communications.
- Experience managing and being a project lead with vendors.
- Exceptional communication and editing skills.
- Fluency in French.
- Knowledge of Quebec French speaking market context an asset.
- Comfortable in contributing to a strategic plan with creativity and innovative thinking.
- Organized, detail-oriented and highly deadline-driven.
- Able to work autonomously with minimal supervision.
- Problem solving abilities for projects and delivery of execution.
- Strong project management skills, the ability to establish priorities, set and manage schedules and coordinate multiple projects at one time.
- Highly collaborative and the ability to interact effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Intimate understanding of the creative process and experience working with creative teams and agency relations.
- Experience with fundraising or brand management is an asset.
- Highly developed computer skills, including Adobe, Canva, Microsoft Office suite and cloud-based technology.
Similar searches: Marketing & Communications