Senior Communications and Marketing Strategy Specialist
About Kingsdale Advisors:
With offices in Toronto and New York, Kingsdale Advisors is the leading shareholder services and advisory firm, having acted on the largest and most high-profile proxy fights and transactions.
Since 2003, public companies across North America have looked to the expertise of Kingsdale Advisors to help them reach out to shareholders and secure the success of transactions or resolutions driven by shareholder votes.
Kingsdale Advisors’ multidisciplinary team offers an array of specialized services focused on strategic and defensive advisory, governance advisory and proxy analytics, strategic communications, and voting analytics.
Your Role & How You Will Contribute
Reporting to the Director, Communications, Marketing & Digital Strategy, the Senior Communications and Marketing Specialist will support strategic communications and marketing initiatives for Kingsdale and its clients.
The successful candidate will be a well-rounded communications and marketing professional with professional writing and content development experience and a digital-first mindset. Experience in digital marketing and graphic design is an asset, as is a keen interest in transaction-based work, capital markets and financial services, as well as crisis communications experience.
Responsibilities & Key Duties will include:
- Assist clients by providing integrated, strategic communications and advisory support with regard to corporate reputation, public relations, crises and other needs.
- Assist clients with the development of various shareholder and investor communication materials, such as shareholder letters, press releases, proxy circular covers, Q&As, fact sheets and presentations, etc. This includes writing copy and coordinating approvals, as well as basic graphic design, such as formatting, layout, typography, and working with clients’ in-house teams or external vendors as needed.
- Assist clients by conducting media outreach as needed and monitoring for relevant articles and news coverage.
- Write, coordinate and issue press releases on behalf of Kingsdale and clients.
- Design and manage Kingsdale’s branded documents and templates, such as PowerPoint templates and other corporate or sales presentations, fact sheets, etc., maintaining appropriate brand and style in all materials and overseeing external agencies, vendors or freelancers as needed.
- Assist in the creation of external newsletters, client communications, thought leadership reports, memos, infographics, etc., including writing, editing/proofreading, research and basic design.
- Coordinate email content (copy writing, formatting, etc.) and distribution.
- Maintain Kingsdale’s website content and design, including basic site updates, coordinating with IT or external vendors as needed.
- Support the planning, content development and management of Kingsdale’s social media channels.
- Oversee event logistics for both Kingsdale and its clients (either virtual or future in-person events).
Assist clients by developing materials that engage their shareholders, such as microsites (developing wireframes and content, considering shareholder journey), email campaigns (copy writing), social media and videos (corporate, FAQ, how to), etc., working collaboratively with clients’ in-house teams or external vendors.
Qualifications & Attributes:
- Love for creating great copy with the ability to write across a variety of formats and styles.
- Graphic design and digital marketing capabilities a significant asset.
- Creative flair, with the ability to communicate clearly and effectively to explain complex information to key audiences.
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft Office, in particular Word and PPT; proficiency in analytics, ability to produce line graphs, bar charts, etc. by understanding extrapolation and manipulation of data from Excel an asset.
- Strong sense of service excellence and works to deliver solutions that meet our clients’ needs.
- Strong project management skills with ability to take initiative and a focus on “getting things done.”
- Strong organizational and time management skills, ability to prioritize and multi-task; exceptional attention to detail, committed to quality of deliverables.
- Highly responsible and confidential, understanding the sensitive nature of the business.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a team.
- Adaptable and flexible, able to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Flexibility in schedule and working hours as needed
Similar searches: Marketing & Communications