Director, Marketing, Recruitment & Communications
What Are We About:
Fleming is located in the heart of the Kawartha Lakes Region in Central Ontario... a beautiful place to live and work, surrounded by natural beauty and a mere 90 minutes north-east of Toronto. The College’s 6,800 full-time and 10,000 part-time students, including hundreds of international students from countries around the world, attend at campus locations in Peterborough, Lindsay, Haliburton and Cobourg. Fleming offers more than 100 full-time programs in Environmental and Natural Resource Sciences, Fine Arts, General Arts and Science, Technology, Skilled Trades, Community Development, Health, Business, and Justice as well as other Continuing Education courses.
We are also extremely proud of our more than 73,000 Fleming alumni who are contributing to their communities in the region, across the province and around the world.
What This Position Is About:
The Director, Marketing, Recruitment & Communications is responsible for providing overall leadership and strategic direction for the Marketing, Recruitment and Communications functions of the organization.
The incumbent’s sphere of accountability includes brand management, marketing, student recruitment, media relations, social media, Fleming College’s external website and overall online presence, internal communications, and college publications. These activities directly support Fleming College’s objectives in brand positioning, enrolment growth, enterprise growth, community profile and student and staff engagement.
This individual will be responsible for mentoring and leading a highly effective team with diverse skill sets.
Strategic thinking and issues management skills are critical to this position to guide and influence the strategic messages of the college that are broadcast to multiple stakeholders and to provide communications leadership during unusual and/or crisis situations.
Reporting to the Vice President, Community and Economic Development, the incumbent works with the Vice President, other members of the Senior Management Team, Academic leaders, and the Strategic Enrolment Management team to provide professional expertise, planning and advice in dealing with critical communication issues and in developing integrated communications, marketing and public relations strategies that support the achievement of enrolment targets and the overall goals of the college. The incumbent will consult and collaborate with a diverse range of internal and external stakeholders to ensure all programs and initiatives are effectively marketed and communicated.
The success of the Director, Marketing, Recruitment & Communications in meeting or exceeding the expectations of the role has a significant positive impact on the strength of the Fleming College brand and in achievement of the enrolment plan.
For More Information:
For a complete job description, please refer to the document found here: Job Description
Explore what Fleming College has to offer and the beautiful communities we are surrounded by. Check out Life@Fleming.
What We Are Looking For:
- 4-Year degree in marketing, communication, business, or a related field; Master’s preferred
- Courses or certifications in digital marketing, social media platforms and CRM (customer relationship management).
- 9 years of progressively responsible, directly related experience
- Proven strategic sales and marketing planning skills.
- Progressive leadership experience in strategic communications.
- Demonstrated experience in building a brand and increasing the profile of an organization is essential. This includes expertise in strategic marketing, marketing research management, and strategic communications planning.
- Demonstrated capacity to build effective relationships with diverse stakeholder groups including government, donors, the media and senior level stakeholders.
- Excellent communication skills including strong presentation skills, writing, media relations and public speaking skills, as well as sound judgment and political acumen.
- Knowledge and experience with social media and web-based marketing and information dissemination and knowledge of industry leading software and trends.
- Demonstrated experience as a project manager in marketing or public relations service setting, publications and advertising experience, superior listening skills, analysis and problem-solving skills, presentation and facilitation skills.
- Strong research, writing and editing skills.
- Strong planning, financial, project and human resources management experience is essential.
- Knowledge of industry standards regarding design principles and copywriting.
In addition to the salary range listed above, you will be eligible for performance-based incentives, in accordance with the College’s administrative compensation program and practices.
Equity, Diversity & Inclusion
Fleming College is committed to building diverse, equitable, inclusive, and accessible learning and working environments. We welcome those who would contribute to the further diversification of our Staff, our Faculty and our Administration including, but not limited to, women, racialized persons, Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity to apply.
We believe in and promote the rights of all persons with disabilities and commit to ensuring accommodations available throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform our Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require to ensure your equal participation. To obtain a copy of this document in another format please e-mail HR@flemingcollege.ca.
Similar searches: Marketing & Communications