Events Specialist, Events & Experiential
BCIT’s Marketing and Communications department is seeking a regular, full-time Events Specialist. Reporting to the Manager, Events and Experiential, the Events Specialist is responsible for the end-to-end coordination and execution of internal, external, government, and recruitment events at all campuses. The Events Specialist consults internal stakeholders to establish event objectives, and manages stakeholder relations and development. In conjunction with the Manager, the incumbent also implements business improvements through establishing critical paths, executive briefs, and procedures for event planning and execution.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists in the leadership and execution of major Institute events, including but not limited to convocation, staff recognition events, retirement functions, awards ceremonies, government events, recruitment events.
- Creates detailed proposals, action lists, staffing plans, critical paths, and budgets for all events.
- Prepares correspondence and event agendas; assists in production of formal invitations, programs, and certificates for events.
- Collects information pertaining to functions and coordinates departmental activities to ensure that all services are available in order to fulfill stakeholder requirements.
- Arranges and executes setup for audio visual, security, signage, décor, photography, catering, liquor licenses, and bar services for various events.
- Coordinates the booking of internal and external event venues; oversees physical setup and tear-down of event space.
- Performs host/hostess duties at various events. Assists with BCIT special events as needed.
- Ensures all financial information for events are processed in a timely and accurate manner, and invoices are forwarded to Finance.
- Works within budgetary constraints with signing authorities of up to $5000.
- Under the direction of the Manager, Events & Experiential, coordinates many aspects of the operation, associated projects, and relevant budgets.
- Oversees development and maintenance of a departmental database for event activities.
- Develops and improves upon procedures, processes, guidelines, and reference documents as they relate to events.
- Maintains an event coordination training manual and trains employees as requested by the Manager.
- Participates in professional organizations and keeps current in the field.
- Participates in Records Custodian training and remains current with record keeping practices, policies and procedures (both BCIT and FOIPOP).
- Undertakes related duties as assigned consistent with the job grade for this position.
BENEFITS OF WORKING AT BCIT:
- Being a part of BC's Top 100 Employers, and a member of the CCDI.
- A generous Total Compensation package which includes extended health and dental benefits and a pension plan.
- Access to Professional Development Funds and opportunities for career development.
- Increase your knowledge with Tuition waivers for BCIT courses.
- Enjoy subsidized parking and discounted access to our fitness facilities (including classes like Yoga and Zumba).
- Additional Wellness and Employee Assistance programs.
- Completion of a diploma in event management or marketing field.
- Two years of general experience, plus two years of practical current experience in events management.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Demonstrated proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications and the internet.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and oral) and demonstrated ability to communicate effectively at all levels internally and externally.
- Strategic and tactical planning skills, coupled with excellent organization skills demonstrated through ability to prioritize multiple and changing demands.
- Solid problem-solving skills and creativity with an ability to think outside the box.
- Must have excellent organizational skills, including solid planning, coordination, and follow-up skills.
- Demonstrated discretion and diplomacy.
- Must be resourceful, detail-oriented, and able to multi-task within a fast-paced environment.
- Adaptable while maintaining composure and performance levels in a dynamic environment.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle.
- Ability to work flexible hours when required, including evenings and weekends.
*Please note: These are the minimum required qualifications. This position is a dayshift position as defined in Article 14.1 of the Collective Agreement.
May 15, 2019
Pay Grade 7; $48,726 with yearly increments to $53,107 per annum.
April 20, 2019
May 4, 2019
BCIT offers a competitive salary, generous benefits package and promotes an inclusive workplace. BCIT is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Only successful candidates will be required to have transcripts submitted directly to BCIT’s Human Resources Department directly from granting institution at the time of reference checks. If applicable, successful candidates will be responsible for the completion of international credential evaluations. All appointments will be conditional until receipt of verified credentials.
To apply, visit us at careers.bcit.ca
We are only able to accept applications that are submitted on the BCIT Careers website
Similar searches: Marketing & Communications
More search results
Ivanhoe Cambridge Inc
Boating BC Association
Product Marketing Specialist
Event Marketing Manager
Senior Digital Marketing Specialist