Demand Generation Marketing Manager
Cision employs the brightest, most passionate people in the tech industry. We’d love for you to join our growing team! We invest in our people through training and professional development while supporting you along the way—all so you can meet your career goals. To us, the most important measure of our success is yours.
The Demand Generation Marketing Manager plays an instrumental role on the Canada Marketing team. This is a full stack role with broad responsibility for demand generation strategy and execution supporting our various product and service offerings with a specific focus across key strategic segments and initiatives. While contributing to our general demand generation efforts, this role will have specific ownership and accountability over our strategic sponsorships program with a mandate to turn it into a lead generation engine by managing relationships with our partners across key industry associations and driving thought leadership content and campaigns to further cement our brand in the market, ultimately generating high quality, high intent leads. The role will also have accountability for building and growing Cision’s brand and familiarity within the academic space by identifying and launching scalable opportunities and programs that educate students studying comms and PR while establishing Cision as the market leading software as they enter the job market. In addition, this role will lead our event and field marketing strategy, with an emphasis on project managing our sponsorship and attendance at key industry events, with a focus on generating leads, driving brand awareness, and contributing to thought-leadership narratives.
Ultimately tasked with fueling our demand funnel, this person is responsible for the ideation, creation and deployment of strategic campaigns to drive inbound leads into the organization that result in opportunities and most importantly, closed/won business at Cision. In this role, you will work closely with the marketing and sales teams to get Cision’s message to our target audience, generate qualified leads, and optimize the performance of our campaigns. In addition, you will contribute to our effort to nurture existing leads to keep them engaged with Cision until they are ready to buy.
- Strategize, build and execute integrated campaigns that involve email, social media, content, event, and other marketing channels as you see fit.
- Revitalize our sponsorship/partnership strategy with a focus on turning our partnerships into a lead generation engine. This includes negotiation of agreements, maximizing the value of our sponsorship investment, development and partnership on thought leadership content/webinars, and lead generation campaigns.
- Spearhead our event strategy, including but not limited to: identifying key events, internal team training for attendees (elevator pitch, demos, etc), maintain pre- and post-show communications, and event attendance.
- Develop deep domain/industry expertise in order to effectively understand target audience and create proper audience segmentations and audience profiles that drive campaign strategies.
- Partner and coordinate with other members of the organization including content marketing, marketing ops, sales, product marketing, account management, etc., to deliver a cohesive and consistent customer-centric experience.
- Create campaign briefs that communicate the purpose and goals of the campaign, drive the implementation through project plans and deliver quality programs on-time and on-budget.
- Manage lead acquisition, nurture and follow-up within your focus areas (sponsorships, events, etc); collaborate with MDR, SDR and Sales teams to ensure strong follow-through on sourced leads.
- Track program results, measure program success, and report metrics via SFDC. Present findings, actionable insights and recommended improvements to stakeholders and sales teams.
- Help grow our database and deepen our relationship with current prospects through a broad range of lead nurture campaigns
- Working with key stakeholders to collect business requirements
- Analyzing data to determine trends and insights to help direct the business
- Generating ad hoc reporting as requested
- Understanding the Cision product/software offering
- Experience running and analyzing reports for marketing KPIs
- Understanding of lead management metrics and calculating conversion rates
- Support internal sales and marketing related events, such as sales kick offs, awards ceremonies.
- 4 - 6 years’ experience in B2B Marketing, preferably in a Demand Generation, Field Marketing or Integrated Marketing role.
- Strong background in campaign development and marketing program execution required. Including list segmentation, campaign design and reporting.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously with exceptional attention to detail and flawless execution.
- Ability to present program strategy and plans clearly, collect and act on feedback from a broad group of stakeholders.
- Proficiency in Salesforce.com reports and Eloqua capabilities, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly.
- Experience building collaborative relations with Sales team
- Strong campaign orchestration, message optimization, persona and buying cycle experience required
- Creative thinker, self-starter, able to work both independently and with cross-functional teams
- Flexible, patient and able to thrive in a dynamic, ever changing work environment with competing priorities
- Experience in evolving marketing programs based on performance data, feedback from sales and understanding of the business
- Excellent project management skills, with a demonstrated ability to consistently prioritize and manage deliverables from other stakeholders to deliver quality outcomes on time
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and overall presentation skills.
- BA / BS in Marketing or equivalent working experience, Masters a plus.
As a global leader in PR, marketing and social media management technology and intelligence, Cision helps brands and organizations to identify, connect and engage with customers and stakeholders to drive business results. PR Newswire, a network of over 1.1 billion influencers, in-depth monitoring, analytics and its Brandwatch and Falcon.io social media platforms headline a premier suite of solutions. Cision has offices in 24 countries throughout the Americas, EMEA and APAC. For more information about Cision's award-winning solutions, including its next-gen Cision Communications Cloud®, visit www.cision.com and follow @Cision on Twitter.
Cision is committed to fostering an inclusive environment where all employees can be their authentic selves and perform at their best. We believe diversity, equity, and inclusion is vital to driving our culture, sparking innovation and achieving long-term success. Cision is proud to have joined more than 600 companies in signing the CEO Action for Diversity & Inclusion™ pledge and named a “Top Diversity Employer” for 2021 by DiversityJobs.com.
Cision is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or other protected statuses.
Please review our Global Candidate Data Privacy Statement to learn about Cision’s commitment to protecting personal data collected during the hiring process.
Similar searches: Marketing & Communications