Manager, Brand and Communications
- Alcohol & Gaming Commission of Ontario
- Job Category
- Marketing & Communications, New Media/Creative Arts/Writers
- Job Type
iGaming Ontario (a subsidiary of the Alcohol & Gaming Commission of Ontario)
Position Term: Permanent Full-Time
Location: Toronto, ON
The Government of Ontario is committed to establishing a new online market for internet gaming (igaming) that is both competitive and protects consumers. iGaming OntarioTM was established in July 2021 as an agency of the Government of Ontario and a subsidiary of the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario (AGCO) to conduct and manage internet gaming in the province when provided by private gaming operators. The successful candidate for this position will be an employee of iGaming Ontario.
The Manager, Brand and Communications will lead the design and execution of iGaming Ontario’s brand and communications strategy and the development of key digital assets to promote the organization’s mandate and achievements to the public and internal stakeholders.
Reporting to the Director, Market Strategy and Insights the successful candidate will:
- Lead the development of the iGaming Ontario brand strategy in collaboration with stakeholders.
- Support the design and implementation of multi-channel marketing plans utilizing both traditional and digital channels.
- Lead development of creative briefs and facilitate the creative development process.
- Manage relationships with third-party creative agencies and vendors to deliver compelling creative projects that are on brand, on time and on budget.
- Lead the development and maintenance of a public relations and communications strategy to drive awareness and foster trust in Ontario’s regulated iGaming market.
- Act as iGaming Ontario spokesperson and respond to media questions
- Develop, implement and maintain a social media strategy, monitoring, and playbook to drive public engagement, education, and manage consumer experiences in collaboration with operators and the AGCO.
- Research, develop and maintain organizational policies and standard operating procedures to support internal and external communications activities.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Post-secondary education in one of the following fields: Communications, Branding, Advertising and/or relevant experience in senior-level positions.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a related communications environment combined with proven leadership experience in building a high performing team.
- Extensive knowledge of marketing/advertising and media industries.
- Experience managing multiple complex projects simultaneously, preparing project plans, tracking progress and reporting to leadership.
- Understanding of change management.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and work collaboratively and draw upon expertise to influence group outcomes.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
The successful candidate must be eligible to work in Canada and will be subject to a criminal background check.
To apply to this vacancy, please submit your application online at our Careers Webpage, located at www.agco.ca/careers, by Thursday, July 29, 2021.
The AGCO and iGaming Ontario are inclusive and equal opportunity employers.
The AGCO and iGaming Ontario have the responsibility to lead by example in advancing racial equity and to build a diverse, inclusive, accessible and respectful workplace where every employee has a voice and the opportunity to fully contribute. To this effect, you are encouraged to reflect upon the diversity you would bring to the role within your application including, but not limited to, individuals identifying with one or more of the under-represented groups identified within Ontario’s Human Rights Code.
Disability related accommodation during the recruitment process is available upon request.