UHN Foundation raises funds for research, education and the enhancement of patient care at Toronto General and Toronto Western Hospitals, Toronto Rehab and the Michener Institute of Education at UHN. The hospitals and Institute are part of University Health Network (UHN), which also includes Princess Margaret Cancer Centre. UHN is Canada's number-one research hospital and home to the number-four hospital in the world.
The Manager, Digital Marketing will help develop and oversee the execution of digital marketing strategies to build UHN Foundation brand awareness, increase engagement, inspire and set the stage for donor conversion. The Manager will also help drive digital content and storytelling as part of the donor experience across all giving levels. They will be involved in planning, implementing and monitoring a wide range of digital initiatives.
The ideal candidate has experience in broad-based digital marketing, digital content development, engagement strategies and social media, and takes initiative to bring new ideas forward. They will be a seasoned communicator with a laser-sharp focus on quality, skilled at adapting brand standards and content for online channels, and nimble as we continue to grow and evolve our digital practice. They must also possess excellent leadership and project management skills, be able to work collaboratively and have a strong service-oriented mindset.
The Manager will report to the Director, Brand Marketing and have direct reports. They will work very closely with the Community Giving, Events, Major Gifts, Planned Giving and Stewardship teams to integrate efforts. This role is a critical bridge between marketing and fundraising.
Digital marketing strategy & execution
- As part of UHN Foundation’s broader awareness-building efforts, build out a digital marketing strategy including purpose and scope, content and engagement strategies, community growth strategies, and establishing KPIs
- Build, test and execute a range of digital brand awareness campaigns throughout the year, with a goal of growing our online communities through a lead-generation lens
- In collaboration with fundraising teams, with a particular focus on Community Giving, collaborate on and implement digital strategies and tactics that focus on enhancing donor relationships
- Strategize with Community Giving team to integrate efforts to maximize success of various direct response fundraising campaigns, and other mass fundraising efforts and programs, throughout the year
- Collaborate with colleagues to develop a more robust search engine optimization (SEO) strategy
- Ensure all digital marketing activities align with brand visual identity, tone and voice, messaging and quality
- Act as one of the Foundation’s in-house digital marketing experts, informing on the latest digital marketing trends, best practices and tools that will support the Foundation’s ongoing and future success
Content development, management & community engagement
- Responsible for overseeing three main digital storytelling vehicles: monthly eNewsletter, website, social media channels (Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube)
- Oversee a robust content calendar that integrates brand-building and fundraising strategies
- Develop social media policy and rules of engagement for online communities
- In collaboration with Community Giving team, develop social media engagement strategy that focuses on moving from awareness to donor conversion
- Lead editorial content scrums and brainstorm sessions with writing and fundraising teams
- Collaborate with internal and external resources (e.g., writers, content producers, graphic design, web specialist, external suppliers) to develop and deploy compelling content that contributes to larger-scale goals
- Be an active contributor to the content development process (writing, editing, idea generation, concept development) as required
- Build strong relationships with UHN Public Affairs to source, curate and amplify content
- Establish analytics reporting methodology and frequency for web, social media, eNewsletter and other digital marketing efforts, and track against KPIs
- Gain insights through active social media listening to influence marketing, communications and engagement strategies
- Establish A/B testing strategies (e.g., on website, eNewsletter) to gain deeper understanding of effectiveness of digital marketing efforts and adapt accordingly
- Share digital marketing insights and analytics with digital fundraising team to help inform the overall Foundation digital roadmap, including marketing and fundraising strategies
- Leverage audience research, competitive scans, trends and insights to inform work
- Minimum 7 – 10 years of marketing experience with specialization in digital marketing, preferably in the non-profit and/or healthcare sector
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, journalism or similar (digital marketing specialization or certificate an asset)
- Deep understanding of marketing principles, with an in-depth knowledge and understanding of digital marketing and channel nuances
- Collaborative partner who works well with a variety of stakeholders to drive results
- Highly proactive self-starter who takes initiative and thinks ahead while managing day-to-day needs
- Analytical, strategic and creative thinker, and constant learner who stays on top of digital trends and best practices
- Experience being an effective leader/manager while also willing to roll up sleeves and be an active contributor
- Excellent project management skills to manage multiple priorities and multiple stakeholders
- Ability and openness to adapt to a changing environment
- Excellent written, verbal, editing and proofreading skills (Canadian Press style an asset)
- Working knowledge of AODA best practices a must
- Skilled at managing and stretching budgets
- Experience working with external suppliers
- Experience with WordPress CMS, MailChimp, Sprout Social, customer CRM tools and Adobe Creative Cloud an asset
- Experience with Google Analytics and using data to gain insights a must
- High-performance, fast-paced, service‐oriented
- Collaborative, with a shared goal of achieving fundraising success
- Typical Monday to Friday office hours, with some atypical hours required
- Successful candidate will work remotely while we continue to work from home during the pandemic
Interested candidates should forward their resume and cover letter to:
Director, Talent and Volunteer Management
Closing date: July 23, 2021
University Health Network thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
UHN has a diverse workforce and is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an equitable and inclusive work environment where people are treated fairly, with respect and dignity, and offering equal employment opportunities based upon an individual’s qualifications and performance in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code. You can read UHN’s Commitment to Equity, Diversity & Inclusion here.
UHN is also committed to the principles of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodations during the process, please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Similar searches: Marketing & Communications