Managing Director, Marketing and Digital Strategy Cabinet Office
- Ontario Public Service
- Job Category
- Marketing & Communications
- Job Type
Managing Director, Marketing and Digital Strategy
Division: Marketing, Enterprise Services and Insights
Duration: 1 Permanent
Job Code: XEXE2
Posting Strategy: Open-Targeted
Are you a strategic leader who is ready to take your marketing career to the next level and showcase your executive leadership skills? If so, this unique opportunity will let you make your mark on an enterprise-wide basis, leading the development of marketing campaigns that connect with the people of Ontario.
As Managing Director of the Marketing and Digital Strategy Branch in Cabinet Office, you will provide strategic direction to 26 ministries and executive leadership to a team of managers and staff, on enterprise-wide marketing, digital, advertising and creative initiatives that are aligned with the government’s priorities. Cabinet Office is the Premier's ministry. It provides the Premier and his Cabinet with advice and analysis to help the government achieve its priorities.
The mission of Marketing and Digital Strategy branch is to work with ministry partners to provide best-in-class marketing, creative, media buying and Ontario.ca content for government programs and initiatives. For us, it's all about a citizen-centered approach, ensuring the people of Ontario are aware of and have access to the services they need. It's about inspiring change to help citizens understand the decisions they can make every day to make life safer, easier and inclusive.
- A defined benefit pension plan
- A health benefit plan
- Paid vacation days and statutory holidays
- Flexible work arrangements
- Welcoming and professional work culture
- Career growth and development opportunities across multiple business areas
An effective leader in the Ontario Public Service (OPS) is responsible, innovative and collaborative. A responsible leader is someone who demonstrates authenticity, accountability and courage in how they interact with others. An individual who models ethical behavior, and who is honest and capable of making difficult choices. An innovative leader is someone who leads with common purpose, embraces positive disruption, and has a future mindset. An individual who inspires others, values continues learning and encourages development and integration. A collaborative leader focuses on helping others to grow, drives people-centered outcomes and promotes an environment of inclusivity. A leader who consistently works to confront bias and systemic barriers while understanding the importance of creating a more diverse and accessible workplace.
Diversity, Inclusion, Accessibility and Anti-Racism
The OPS is an innovative, responsive, and accountable public service that works hard to be diverse, anti-racist, inclusive, merit-based, and equitable. Diversifying leadership teams is a top OPS priority with the goal to achieve parity with the Ontario labour force by 2025 for the most underrepresented groups (Indigenous, racialized and persons with disabilities) in leadership positions. To advance this goal, the OPS is collecting socio-demographic information that will help to address potential barriers and achieve equity in hiring.
The OPS is an accessible employer and offers accommodation in all aspects of employment, including the recruitment process.
What can I expect to do in this role?
Reporting to the Assistant Deputy Minister, you will:
- Provide leadership for the planning, development and implementation of Ontario’s marketing and digital strategy
- Provide strategic advice and expertise to the Premier’s Office, Deputy Minister, Assistant Deputy Minister and all 26 ministries
- Build strong partnerships with the rest of Cabinet Office and ministries across the Ontario Public Service, on all marketing and digital communications
- Foster a close working relationship with the Premier’s Office by overseeing the strategy for marketing campaigns and the allocation of funding
- Participate in the development of business and operational planning, as part of the Marketing and Enterprise Services and Insights leadership team
How do I qualify?
- You have experience leading, developing and motivating high-performing teams and fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace through sound human resources practices.
- You are an innovative and inclusive thinker who can plan strategically and communicate a vision to those around you.
- You are an effective communicator and consensus builder and can work collaboratively with others at all levels
Relationship Management and Political Acuity
- You have demonstrated the ability to develop strong relationships, while working collaboratively with senior executives and stakeholders.
- You have experience operating in a complex and/or politically sensitive environment.
- You have strong diplomacy skills to provide strategic advice and recommendations to senior management regarding high-level issues.
- You can write high quality communications products, utilizing judgment in what and when to communicate, to whom and how.
- You are a proven and resilient change leader with experience in business transformation, developing strategic direction and championing best practices.
- You are driven to identify and effectively communicate the benefits for all parties impacted by changes and are able to effectively motivate others to accelerate the pace of change.
Job Specific Knowledge
- You have demonstrated experience directing large and complex marketing, creative and digital strategies that are in line with organizational priorities
- You have knowledge of current and emerging trends in marketing and social media, as well as the fundamental principles of sound marketing and digital communications
- You have knowledge of inclusivity, diversity and equity principles, as well as challenges and issues, to ensure all communications advice, products and insights reflect the diversity of Ontario’s population
Please apply online, only, by Tuesday, July 20, 2021, by visiting https://www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/Preview.aspx?Language=English&JobID=166684. Please follow the instructions to submit your application.
If you require accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact the Executive Recruitment Unit at firstname.lastname@example.org. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with Ontario’s Human Rights Code.
Similar searches: Marketing & Communications