St. Joseph’s Health Centre Foundation works with our west-end neighbours to help provide the best healthcare possible for our community. Our donors help build new spaces, modernize facilities and buy new equipment.
St. Joseph’s Health Centre is a large community teaching hospital of 3,500 care providers supporting a community of 500,000 Torontonians. Thanks to our generous donors, we’re celebrating the opening of two new patient care areas and reaching the goal of raising $100 million for the Promise Campaign.
The Communications Officer is a key member of the St. Joseph’s Health Centre Foundation team. This person has a positive attitude and enjoys learning new skills. S/he thrives in a dynamic atmosphere and working on a range of projects.
S/he reports to the Director of Communications to implement the marketing and communications strategy. S/he also works with the full Foundation team, the Health Centre and the Foundation’s suppliers. S/he actively supports the Foundation’s events, annual, major gift and planned giving programs.
- Manage the Foundation’s digital communications: provide strategic input, write and source content using best practices, implement and analyze results for ongoing improvement
- Manage the Foundation’s website: update and create new content
- Manage the Foundation’s online consumer relation management system: create donation forms, build event pages, send e-blasts, build surveys
- Design small projects such as sponsorship presentations, invitations, flyers
- Write content for the website, monthly e-newsletter, social media
- Take photos and shoot/edit short video clips
- University or college degree
- At least two years of related experience; communications background preferred
- Experience building, designing and revising webpages required
- Deep knowledge of Facebook, Instagram and twitter required
- Very strong written communication skills with exceptional attention to grammar and spelling
- Ability to design presentations, invitations, flyers using Powerpoint or Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign or Illustrator) required
- Familiarity with Facebook Adwords, Google Display Network, Google Analytics
- Experience with Blackbaud’s Luminate a strong asset
- Experience with Hootsuite or AdEspresso an asset
- Experience with video editing software (Sony Vegas, Adobe Premiere Pro) an asset
- Interest in photography (using a DSL camera) an asset
- Must be available to work occasional evenings and weekends for fundraising and donor events
- Not-for-profit experience is an asset but not mandatory
We’re looking for an enthusiastic, energetic team player who wants to work as part of a dynamic team focused on connecting with and attracting support from our patients, neighbours and friends in our west end community. If you feel that you would be a great fit please send your resume and a covering letter by April 23, 2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org. WHEN APPLYING, PLEASE INCLUDE THE JOB TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE.
Please note while we value all applicants only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Similar searches: Marketing & Communications
More search results
Chartered Marketer Program: Senior Brand Coursew…
Canadian Marketing Association
Chartered Marketer Program: Senior Martech Cours…
Canadian Marketing Association
Product Marketing Manager
Manager, Publicity & Social Media
Markham Public Library
Small Business Marketing Manager / Gestionnaire d…