Volunteer Marketing/Graphic Design Coordinator for Canstruction Toronto
Canstruction Toronto is looking for a volunteer to join our committee to assist with the 2021 Canstruction Fundraiser and beyond for marketing, graphic design and social media management.
Canstruction® is a non-profit competition that decreases hunger and fights poverty in Toronto and in cities around the world. Each year, teams of designers, architects and engineers – students and professionals – donate their time to build massive, incredible structures from cans of food, with donations going to the Daily Bread Food Bank, Toronto’s largest community food bank.
Before the pandemic hit, Daily Bread saw over 800,000 clients each year. In the past six months, their food banks have seen an average of 105,000 client visits each month – a 51% increase compared to the year prior. As food insecurity and the need for emergency food relief continues to grow, support from the community is needed more than ever.
Our annual build competition is one of the largest private donations in the month of May. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, this is our second year without hosting our annual build competition. This is why our committee would like to take our fundraising efforts virtually and continue to collaborate with the Design Community to help the DBFB continue to provide their clients with access to food.
- Managing an online social media fundraiser to increase donations to DBFB through the Canstruction Toronto DBFB 2021 Donations page throughout 2021.
- Marketing/graphic design for the annual in-person event in Downtown Toronto, including signage coordination, working with the photographer, media coordination/engagement while continuing the social media strategy and outreach.
- Social Media strategy management and implementation across all social media platforms (FB, LinkedIn and Instagram). Content curated/reviewed with committee.
- Graphics for social media posts.
- Coordination with various event partners to gather content.
- Coordination with past teams from Architecture/Engineering/Construction/ Interior Design firms to further push distribution and engagement.
- Experience in social media marketing management and implementation.
- Experience with graphic design (InDesign at minimum).
- It would be helpful if they have prior experience working in the Architecture/Engineering/Construction/Interior Design community in the GTA.
Similar searches: Volunteer, Co-op and Internship