Senior Marketing Coordinator
Senior Marketing Coordinator (contract)
Grow your career while making an impact at Diabetes Canada!
Today, 11 million Canadians live with diabetes or pre-diabetes. Current growth rates mean that young people at age 20 face a 1 in 2 lifetime risk of developing the condition. To stem the tide of this epidemic, Diabetes Canada is raising its sights to deliver impact at a population level by advocating for healthy public policy, driving exceptional diabetes care, promoting research towards a cure, and enhancing our digital delivery consistent with the needs of those we serve today and the desires of our donors.
The Senior Marketing Coordinator is an energetic, innovative and collaborative individual who is passionate about developing and executing a wide range of marketing campaigns and initiatives in support of the organization’s strategic objectives. This role reports to the Senior Manager, Marketing and is an integral part of the Marketing & Knowledge Innovation Team, based in our downtown Toronto office. The role has oversight into the day-to-day planning and flawless execution of awareness and fundraising campaigns, and marketing support for internal departments. This is a 12-month contract to provide maternity-leave coverage.
Some highlights of the role include:
Brand Marketing: (50%)
- Develop and execute targeted marketing plans and offerings to support the awareness and revenue generation objectives of Diabetes Canada.
- Provide strategic brand and marketing insights from the briefing to delivery/execution phase on all channel specific marketing projects.
- Responsible for working closely with and supporting internal clients to obtain and translate strategic marketing objectives into offerings that can be executed in a resource constrained environment.
- Create detailed work back and planning schedules executing against key milestones on-time and on-budget.
- Maintain and managing a roster of external writers and graphic designers – using them effectively to meet organizational needs.
- Responsible for copywriting and copyediting key donor products – such as newsletters, donation pieces and web content according to brand guidelines and target audience needs.
Digital Marketing: (30%)
- Liaise with Senior Manager, Marketing on all digital marketing and assist with the development of special online initiatives in collaboration with media agencies and Diabetes Canada’s digital team.
- Work in collaboration with other internal teams on post-campaign analyses and recommendations for future initiatives.
- Identify and monitor key competitor programs.
- Utilize KPI’s and data analytics to make data-driven decisions
- Review and code all program invoices for review and approval, and systematically manage and track program related costs and invoices.
- Manage inventory of marketing materials including promotional goods.
- Identify and develop process enhancements and test tools.
- Organize and provide organizational training sessions.
- University degree in marketing, communications, public relations or related discipline.
- 3-5 years of experience in brand and digital marketing in a not-for-profit setting with a demonstrated focus on fundraising is considered a significant asset.
- Advanced experience in direct, digital and brand marketing. Advanced understanding of performance-driven marketing and metrics.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver successful marketing initiatives, in a resource constrained environment, from concept to completion.
- Excellent prioritizing skills, with ability to adapt to changing priorities and juggle multiple demands with competing timelines.
- Interpersonal skills to facilitate effective working relationships internal stakeholders, cross-functional teams and external vendors. Ability to manage expectations and deliver results.
- Strong oral communication and exemplary writing skills, including copywriting, promotional writing, business writing.
What Diabetes Canada Can Offer You
- Working in a meaningful role in an organization that is making a direct impact on the fight to #EndDiabetes.
- We offer a competitive salary and learning opportunities to develop new skills
- Be a member of a high-performing team, working with highly skilled colleagues
About the Application Process
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada and, where applicable, must have a valid work permit or study permit that allows the candidate to fulfill the requirements of the role.
- We encourage applications from all qualified individuals, and value a diverse workforce that reflects the communities we serve.
- We are committed to accommodating people with disabilities as part of our hiring process. If you have special requirements, please advise us during the recruitment process.
- We thank all interested applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Similar searches: Marketing & Communications
More search results
Chartered Marketer Program: Senior Brand Coursew…
Canadian Marketing Association
Chartered Marketer Program: Senior Martech Cours…
Canadian Marketing Association
Product Marketing Manager
Lead Marketing Strategist
British Columbia Institute of Technology - 360570
Manager, Publicity & Social Media
Markham Public Library