Director, Marketing, Communications and Recruitment
About Loyalist College
We’re here to help students see what’s great about themselves and to explore what’s possible – and then go out in the world and do it. We believe our deepest impact as a College comes from co-creating a caring and collaborative community, being curious about each other and the world, and learning and experimenting to discover just how powerful our students, and all of us together, can be.
If you’ve just looked at that paragraph and thought, ‘I can make it better and market it to the world’ then this role at Loyalist College is for you.
About the Position
Loyalist College is looking for a Director of Marketing, Communications and Recruitment who lives and breathes possibility and know-how. Reporting directly to the Senior Vice President External Relations and Business Development, the Director is responsible for a team that presents and markets the College to itself, our students, our community, and the greater world beyond. The Director provides strategic leadership and implementation of College communication, publicity, marketing, and student recruitment strategies.
We are actively seeking candidates who are:
Creative You take an initiative and look at it upside down, sideways and backwards and you find new and interesting ways to take it forward.
Collaborative You know that creativity alone is not enough – you need a team to make ideas bigger and better, and to make them happen. You have an ability to see what’s possible not just with ideas, but with people, too. You are a respectful, enthusiastic, and caring partner with internal and external stakeholders alike.
Accountable You make promises, and you keep them. And you develop and hold your team accountable for doing the same. You measure and monitor what you and your team produce, and always aim for excellence.
Outstanding at Your Craft You have direct experience in all forms of communication modalities and you can provide subject matter expertise as well as an extra set of hands when needed.
Visionary You can identify and successfully articulate where it is you want to take the College and the team while being in sync with the College’s overall vision and strategy.
System Thinkers You can see the big picture and you’re able to understand how different parts of a complex, interconnected system influence each other. You’re able to align and motivate these different parts in order to execute on your vision.
Committed to a diverse, equitable and inclusive community and culture You are informed about and committed to building a culture where we proactively work to provide opportunities for those individuals and groups who have traditionally struggled against oppression, exclusion, hate, violence, and harm. You hold yourself and others accountable for noticing, naming, and acting against these patterns and for pro-actively creating accessible opportunities and support.
- Develop and manage a comprehensive domestic and international College marketing and brand strategy, related policies, guidelines, and processes to support the College’s mission, vision, and strategic objectives.
- Develop and manage a fully integrated sales and recruitment strategy to support the College’s mission, vision, and strategic objectives.
- Develop and manage market research processes that provide analysis, decision support and forecasting for the College’s marketing, branding and recruitment strategies.
- Lead the College’s marketing and customer relations management Salesforce and Pardot initiatives, integrating a wide range of digital, electronic, and print assets/tools.
- Collaborate with schools, departments, and business units on their marketing interests to ensure alignment with corporate goals and priorities.
- Lead the development of all aspects of domestic and international multimedia communications materials to advance the College brand.
- Deliver multi-platform content development and marketing services (print publications, advertisements, corporate videos, web and corporate social media presences and events in a variety of formats).
- Deliver creative design services including all necessary graphics, photography/videography, text, web-based sites, social media sites, etc. to accomplish departmental and College goals as required.
- Cultivate and maintain a working relationship with domestic and international media representatives to enhance press coverage and establish the reputation of the College and the high quality of College programs and facilities.
- Respond appropriately to media enquiries on a wide range of issues and opportunities.
- Prepare talking points and background detail for media and speaking opportunities.
- Develop and lead external relations activities in support of strategic College advancement.
- Research, write, and assist members of the College’s executive team in the development of news releases, emergency transmittals, government presentations, documents, and reports.
- Anticipate issues of critical importance to the College and its stakeholders, developing policies, strategies, and messaging to keep the community safe and well informed, frequently in unique or atypical circumstances.
- Assist in the development of community engagement strategies and activities, identified in collaboration with the College Executive Team and the Senior Director, Office of the President.
- Post-secondary Degree in Arts, Business Administration, or Marketing
- Specialized training in marketing and communications
- Participation in professional associations, e.g. Canadian Marketing Association (CMA),The Canadian Public Relations Society, Inc., Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada (DAAC)
- Specialized knowledge as demonstrated through education and/or commensurate experience in the principles and practices of public relations, marketing, design, communications, publishing, and print applications
- A minimum of 9 years in progressive management roles in marketing and communications
- Experience in the post-secondary education sector is a strong asset
- Highly qualified, creative, and dynamic leader with diplomatic skills, foresight, and sound business judgement
- Experience in the research, development & implementation of internal and external relations strategies
- Proven ability to deal professionally with conflict management; political acumen
- Ability to proactively and reactively make well considered decisions
- High level of confidence, professionalism, and collegial demeanour
- Detail oriented to ensure accurate and reliable implementation of marketing strategies
- Proven ability to balance a tactical and strategic perspective
- Consultative leadership style with a focus on collegiality and respect
- Strong mentoring skills, guiding and educating the College community supportively
- Outstanding marketing judgement with excellent writing, editing, verbal and presentation skills
- Proven financial administration and general management skills
- Demonstrated ability to work cohesively with a wide range of constituents: faculty, staff, students, business and industry representatives, government officials, media, suppliers, the general public, and other educational institutions with proven leadership skills to establish integrated marketing and communications strategies.
- Passion for the Loyalist College Mission, Vision and Values
- Demonstrated commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion
If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit your application, quoting the competition #ADM21-06R in the email subject line. Please send a covering letter and a resume in MS Word (docx) or PDF format no later than July 5, 2021 to:
People and Culture
Loyalist is committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive college community. We encourage and welcome applications from marginalized and equity seeking groups. Loyalist College is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If you have accommodation needs, please inform us as soon as possible by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note: Following an offer of employment, candidates with Canadian credentials will be required to provide official transcripts from the granting educational institution(s); candidates with international credentials must provide World Education Services (WES) www.wes.org/ca evaluation (at their own cost) confirming Canadian equivalency of their credentials.
Similar searches: Marketing & Communications