Vice President of Business Intelligence & Marketing
Economic Development Winnipeg Inc. (EDW) is the city’s lead economic development agency and champion for local growth. We use expert analysis to highlight the Winnipeg Advantage and prove why we are the best place to live, work and visit.
The Vice President of Business Intelligence & Marketing is responsible for leading the marketing and branding and market intelligence initiatives of Economic Development Winnipeg in accordance with the organization’s corporate strategy to grow the Winnipeg economy. This position is responsible for the development and execution of effective marketing plans and market intelligence strategies that support EDW’s efforts to attract new investment, enhance job growth, increase visitation and attract skilled talent.
- Manage and lead the implementation of all marketing and branding and market intelligence strategies and programs in order to grow Winnipeg’s economy;
- Support the business development teams to understand and develop marketing plans and market intelligence research that support the sales initiatives and goals of growing the economy;
- Build strong relationships and engagement with stakeholders and increase partner revenues;
- Lead the Market Intelligence team in the management and delivery of the highest quality research and analytics that will enhance the activities of EDW;
- Provide quantitative and statistical analyses that enhance Winnipeg’s competitive value propositions;
- Manage a comprehensive repository of data, content and research material in order to formulate evidenced based information on Winnipeg’s regional economy;
Marketing and Branding
- Lead the Marketing and Branding team in the management and delivery of highly effective marketing initiatives that will enhance the activities of EDW;
- Develop and manage the marketing and branding publications, advertising, websites, social media, digital and promotional programs designed to tell the Winnipeg story across all platforms;
- Lead and manage Winnipeg’s brand platform including the development, brand hierarchy and rollout;
- Measure and report on the key performance indicators/analytics of the marketing initiatives;
- Be fiscally responsible for the budget;
- Communicate effectively with staff;
- Work responsibly in accordance with the Corporation’s Policy Playbook
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Possess excellent organizational and time management skills and highly adept at managing multiple projects;
- Strong public speaker with significant communication skills: verbal, written and listening;
- Outstanding leadership and ability to partner and work in a collaborative team environment;
- Strong problem solving, analytical, creative thinking and decision-making skills;
- Exceptional customer service and interpersonal skills;
- Results and detail oriented;
- Valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle required;
- Second language an asset.
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in business administration, economics, marketing or other related graduate degree is required;
- Minimum of 5 years’ executive management experience in marketing and sales is required;
- Minimum 5 years' experience in the field of economic/business development focused on competitive market research/intelligence is required.
- Openness to participate in business events outside of regular business hours when required (infrequent);
- Class 5 driver’s license, a clean driving abstract and access to a vehicle is required.
If your passion for Winnipeg is matched by your proven track record in marketing, market intelligence and your strong ability to build rapport with diverse clients and suppliers, this exceptional opportunity is ideal for you. Interested candidates can apply by submitting cover letters and resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted until 9 am Wednesday, June 30, 2021 and applicants of interest will be contacted for an interview.
Similar searches: Marketing & Communications