Prospectors & Developers Association of Canada (PDAC)
Convention, Marketing Specialist - 1 year contract position, commencing immediately
PDAC (the Association) is proud to be the leading voice of Canada's mineral exploration and development community since 1932. With over 7,200 members around the world, PDAC's work centres on supporting a competitive, responsible mineral sector. The annual PDAC Convention is the world's premier international event for the minerals and mining industry. In recent years it has attracted more than 25,000 people from 135 countries in live format and close to 8,000 in virtual format. The PDAC fosters an employee environment of flexibility and collaboration.
Reporting to the Director, Convention, the Marketing Specialist is responsible for contributing to the success of a live and/or virtual convention format by working in collaboration with the convention, communications and IT team to coordinate all convention marketing activities. As a proficient multi-tasker, the incumbent will manage multiple projects and priorities including; campaign and program development, promotional materials, media partnerships, convention photography and more, while adhering to the convention marketing budget.
What You Will Do:
Convention Marketing Working with Director, Convention and members of the convention and communications teams develop a comprehensive PDAC Convention Marketing Plan and budget, based on the 2022 convention format.
- Manage, track and adhere to the convention marketing budget
- Develop digital marketing campaigns including: eblasts (approximately 30), Google Ads, social media etc.
- Develop specific convention marketing materials including production and distribution of the Convention Preliminary Program and final Convention Program (print/digital formats)
- Develop promotional materials: promo video, print and digital advertisements, post cards, web banners, infographics, ‘How to’ resources (when applicable), marketing kit, post show reports
- Oversee the production of newspaper/magazine supplements
- Manage the media partnerships program: establish ongoing communication with partners, track analytics and reporting, and conduct post-convention analysis
- Manage the lead retrieval program (only for hybrid/in person format)
- Manage the annual convention surveys
- Manage the post-convention thank you letters production
- Convention website maintenance and review of new features and enhancements
- Facilitate the completion of graphic design work as required
- Work as the onsite photography resource, in addition to coordinating and communicating requirements pre- and post-show
- Onsite support to convention team members before, during and post event
- College diploma/degree in a relevant field of study or a combination of equivalent education, job related training and /or experience (marketing/public relations/business administration)
- 5 years of experience in a marketing position. Experience working specifically in event marketing and planning is beneficial
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Superior written, editorial and oral communication skills
- Proven success managing multiple priorities with competing deadlines
- Exceptional organizational, administrative and analytical skills
- Able to work autonomously as well as to follow explicit direction as required
- Strong attention to detail and work with a high degree of accuracy
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, MS Office, Google Workspace and Analytics
- Basic knowledge of HTML is beneficial
- General knowledge of Content Management Systems (experience with Sitefinity is an asset)
- Proficiency in oral and written English language skills
- Flexible and willing to work a varied schedule including occasional evenings and weekends, specifically through a busy period from November to March
This position will be working remotely from home until the PDAC office reopens. The PDAC office is located at 170 University Avenue, Suite 800, Toronto, Ontario.
Applicants are requested to submit a cover letter and resume to Applicants@Bromelin.ca
We thank all applicants for showing an interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The PDAC is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity. The PDAC, will provide, on request, accommodations for disabilities to support your participation in all aspects of the recruitment process.
Similar searches: Marketing & Communications