Social Media Specialist
Reporting to the Manager, Brand Communications, the Social Media Specialist will bring the Wawanesa brand to life across a variety of social platforms through online community engagement and distribution of meaningful content.
The successful candidate will demonstrate strong skills in the areas of online community administration, social listening and monitoring, analytics, and content scheduling, all essential in supporting the ongoing development of an enterprise-wide digital communications strategy.
The Social Media Specialist will work closely with fellow members of the Brand Communications team, as well as groups across the organization, such as Customer Experience, Community, Corporate Communications, and Business Development.
This role will champion best practices, explore current and emerging trends, and evaluate relevant channels while supporting fact-based decision-making and assessment of ROI through the use of analytics.
- Supports the Brand Communications team in the development of a multichannel strategy to meet our engagement objectives amongst current and potential customers, the broker community, employees, and community partners
- Executes action plans that integrate and align social media channel activity with marketing communication strategies, ongoing public relations activity, and community events, while providing a consistent online brand experience
- Maintains the social media publishing calendar and maintenance schedule comprising various platforms, including multiple regional profiles (e.g. Google My Business, Facebook for Business)
- Responsible for regular reporting, tracking paid social media advertising budget, and ongoing daily monitoring of primary channels
- Supplements online presence through sharing helpful and meaningful partner content that aligns with the overarching content and engagement strategy
- Engages with online commenters as appropriate, and triages customer complaints or issues offline quickly, helpfully and tactfully with assistance from the Customer Experience team; ensures social practices meets community management and response guidelines
- Plays a key role in the crisis communications process through timely message distribution, and real-time monitoring and engagement
- Oversees and administrates social media platforms used for social listening and monitoring, real-time interaction and engagement, and analytics; includes coordination of training and processes across cross-functional teams
- Identifies opportunities to improve overall sentiment/reputation and brand experience
- 3+ years of communications and/or marketing experience
- Degree or diploma in Marketing, Communications or related experience
- Ever curious about new digital media trends and opportunities; a natural researcher and early adopter
- Proficient digital media knowledge – content publishing and engagement platforms (e.g. Hootsuite, Sprout Social), search engine marketing and optimization, analytics tools
- Strong writing and correspondence abilities, with an understanding of brand integration across diverse media on a daily, real-time basis, keeping brand tone and values top of mind at all times
- Empathetic and diplomatic: a critical thinker displaying strong judgment in evaluation of circumstances, consideration of consequences, and making rapid decisions
- Demonstrates accessible digital communication practices, such as use of plain, people-first language, and application of media captions
- Collaborative mindset: detail-oriented, organized and focused on timelines
- Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud software, specifically Photoshop and motion graphic applications, considered an asset
- French proficiency considered an asset
Similar searches: Marketing & Communications