Director of Marketing
Young People’s Theatre (YPT), now in its 53rd season, is Canada’s largest professional theatre for young audiences
company. It currently produces and presents an 8-play season with an audience of approximately 85,000+. Housed in a
renovated historical venue in downtown Toronto, YPT works on a 458-seat Mainstage and a 115-seat Studio, as well as
operating a year-round Drama School in four locations. The family-friendly employee culture at YPT (given that hours
are primarily day time) encourages ingenuity, team-work, and an atmosphere of learning. YPT’s artistic policy focuses
on arts and education – in fact, learning is at the centre of everything we do.
YPT is currently searching for a candidate to fill the full-time position of Director of Marketing. Reporting to the
Executive and Artistic Directors, the Director of Marketing will supervise a FT marketing staff of six, as well as oversee
the Sales & Box Office Departments. With an annual budget of $5 million, YPT earns 32% of its revenues from box
office and Drama School, which is a primary focus for this position, along with customer relationship management. The
Director of Marketing works very closely and collaboratively with other senior directors at the company, most critically
the Directors of Development, Production, and the Senior Directors of Finance and Administration.
· Departmental leadership including contracting, hiring and supervision.
· Works as a member of senior staff to help set long term objectives in keeping with the company’s strategic plan.
· Develops and oversees the implementation of integrated marketing plans to achieve annual goals established in
the strategic plan.
· Works to drive the YPT “brand” through promotion of seasons, individual productions and presentations, and
through broader YPT overarching campaigns.
· Develops and monitors departmental budgeting in consultation with the Executive Director and Senior Director of
· Researches and analyses sales data, marketing trends, new promotional techniques and processes.
· Negotiates media sponsorship and media buys.
· Oversees the effective operation of the company’s website and analytics.
· Works collaboratively with the senior management team to support programs, events and the educational
mandate at YPT.
· A minimum of 7 years management experience.
· Extensive knowledge of marketing and audience development.
· Extensive knowledge of and experience in the performing arts as well as an interest in arts education.
Young People’s Theatre is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer that strongly supports and values diversity and fosters an equitable and inclusive work environment that includes accommodation. Applications from all qualified candidates are welcome, and people with disabilities and individuals from equity-seeking groups are encouraged to apply. Interested candidates should email resumes and cover letters in one file to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include Director of Marketing Search in the subject line.
Applications for consideration must be received by Monday, April 22, 2019
YPT thanks all applicants but will respond only to those selected for an interview.
Similar searches: Marketing & Communications