MANAGER, DEVELOPMENT AND PARTNERSHIPS – (TWO POSITIONS AVAILABLE)
Position Hiring Range: CAD $57,400 - $71,700
Location: Home-Based Position (Further details noted below)
About Food Banks Canada
Food Banks Canada supports and works with a network of over 3,000 food-related organizations in every province and territory to find innovative solutions for local communities on the issue of food insecurity. Every month, this unique network sees 1.1 million visits. We work together to share over 200 million pounds of safe quality food annually, provide social programs that help to foster self-sufficiency, and advocate for policy change that will help create a Canada where no one goes hungry. Visit www.foodbankscanada.ca for more information.
The Manager, Development and Partnerships assists in the planning and execution of partnership and leadership development initiatives.
As a key Food Banks Canada team member, the Manager, Development and Partnerships will work collaboratively to manage a portfolio of current and potential stakeholders/partners/clients/donors and implements plans for the cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of such partnerships, sponsorships, and projects.
The Manager, Development and Partnerships, provides exceptional organizational support in order to ensure successful implementation of Food Banks Canada’s mandate while ensuring a positive image of Food Banks Canada with its membership, stakeholders and the public. These activities include supporting the Chief Development and Partnerships Officer and the Director, Corporate Development and Partnerships with partnership relationship cultivation, solicitation, support and stewardship and communication for large multi-faceted partnerships; leading strategic initiatives on behalf of the development team; donor database support and other team projects.
Duties and Responsibilities
Strategic Donor & Partner Relations (75%)
- Work within a collaborative framework to broker strategic relationships and partnership opportunities that help to raise funds and food to benefit the food banks network.
- Build corporate relationship loyalty through meticulous service and support and creative problem solving.
- Implement annual corporate resource development plans to meet budget targets (cause related marketing, corporate sponsor events, employee engagement, and corporate grants etc.)
- Work with a portfolio of corporate partners to develop, execute and grow partnerships that meet or exceed annual revenue targets while supporting the mission and mandate of Food Banks Canada
- Evaluate partnership success and identify opportunities for improvement and collaborate on preparation and presentation of year-end review documents.
- Monitor and track all contractual obligations with programs, finance and network to ensure project compliance and stewardship.
- Engage strategic partners to advance Food Banks Canada Mission while deepening the partnerships through employee engagement.
Development Team Support (20%)
- Respond to prospective corporate opportunities and network inquiries in a timely and efficient manner.
- Work collaboratively with the Development team to identify, cultivate prospects, build pitch decks, conduct donor analysis.
- Represent Food Banks Canada at events and in meetings with industry and corporate presence.
- Contributes to annual organizational planning/projects and departmental budgeting and planning.
- Produce relevant reports for corporate team as required.
Other duties as assigned (5%)
This job description is provided to capture the primary components of this role. It is not meant to be an exhaustive list. An individual may be required to perform other tasks which may not be listed but are consistent with the general intent of this role.
From time to time, Food Banks Canada may make changes to this job description. Reasons for such changes include, but are not limited to, changes in business processes and practices, technology changes, legal requirements, network feedback, or changes to organization structure and reporting relationships.
Education, Experience and Qualifications
- Minimum of 5 years of professional experience in corporate development (on the agency side) or fundraising preferred OR a combination of 4 years’ experience partnered with education in marketing, fundraising management, or another related field.
- Experience with managing donor/client relationships and managing partners within a move’s management framework.
- Well-developed collaboration skills with both internal and external stakeholders centring people in all activation design and planning.
- Experience working in a team environment across multiple stakeholder groups both internal and external.
- Knowledge of legal regulations governing fundraising practices as they relate to not-for-profit and charitable organizations.
- Keeps abreast of giving trends, sector research and social media technologies to maximize fundraising opportunities.
- Familiarity with the issues surrounding hunger and poverty an asset and committed to organizational mission of ending hunger.
- Fluency in French (oral and written) an asset.
- Professional presence, with a positive attitude and self-starter, accountable approach project management
- Relationship centered – you like working with varied people towards a common goal.
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy including strong proofreading skills.
- Outgoing and personable with excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Self-starter with the ability to multi-task and prioritize workload.
- Ability to effectively coordinate multiple projects, deadlines, and priorities.
- Strong technical skills: learn / understand relationship management databases (e.g. Raiser’s Edge and Salesforce, etc.), e-mail programs (e.g. Convio and MailChimp), task management tools (e.g. Planner/Monday), file sharing (e.g. Dropbox), ability to learn other web based systems (e.g. analytical tools such as Google analytics) etc.
This position is a full-time position. It has flexible hours as the nature of the work and the time zone differences must be taken into consideration when determining hours of work. It is understood that all team members are often required to work irregular hours to ensure that the objectives of the organization are being met. This includes the potential for some evenings and weekends.
This position will be a home-based position. The candidate must have a location within their residence (or alternate location) with appropriate work environment for required focus away from distractions to allow productivity. Food Banks Canada will provide a laptop, along with access to a VOIP phone system. Candidate is responsible for any costs related to internet access.
- Sitting, computer, reading and inputting data
- Some lifting - moving things in and out of vehicles/buildings
Training and Orientation
Orientation for this position will be provided to ensure understanding of the role, access to information required to perform the responsibilities. An annual training budget is available for each employee to fulfill their professional and personal needs.
Compensation – Position Hiring Range is CAD $57,400 - $71,700
Compensation will be determined by the job class and the candidates experience and capabilities brought to the position.
The Manager, Development and Partnerships is required to sign Confidentiality and Intellectual Property and Non-Solicitation and Conflict of Interest Agreements.
The Manager, Development and Partnerships reports to the Director, Corporate Development and Partnerships.
Visit Food Banks Canada for more information about our organization.
Application Process and Deadline
Cause Leadership Inc. is assisting Food Banks Canada in this recruitment process. Individuals interested in being considered for this opportunity are invited to respond by May 21, 2021.
Please note: There are preliminary questions included as part of the online application process. Please answer all the questions. As well, please make sure you upload your Cover Letter and Resume.
Food Banks Canada is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusive, barrier free recruitment and selection processes. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise if you require accommodation.
We thank all those who apply but only those applicants who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
To proceed with your application, please click on here to the "Apply”
Similar searches: Sales and Business Development