MARKETING AND COMMUNICATIONS
The BCIT Marketing and Communications department is seeking a regular, full-time Communications Manager. This position is responsible for the development, implementation and execution of strategic crisis communications and issues management activities that will enhance and support BCIT’s relationships with key stakeholders including industry leaders, media and government.
Reporting to the Director, Marketing and Communications, the Manager, Communications also supports the Office of Stakeholder Relations (OSR) to prepare messages and executive briefs for senior executives and government partners. This position also serves as a key resource for Institute leaders and service units to develop and execute effective communications strategies and plans
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILTIES INCLUDE:
- · Leads and executes communications strategies to ensure proactive planning and message alignment, and to support the Institute’s broader vision and strategy.
- · Examines and implements best-in-class communications practices to strengthen BCIT’s brand, internally and externally; monitors developments and trends within the post-secondary sector to ensure they are addressed and articulated.
- · Creates awareness and support for the Institute and its achievements among key stakeholder groups, including the BCIT community, government, industry, potential customers, and the broader public.
- · As a key member of BCIT’s Emergency Operations Team, leads communications planning, messaging and activities in crisis or emergency situations and events.
- · Creates awareness of BCIT’s vision and values and communicates various change management initiatives to a complex range of audiences across the organization.
- · Collaborating with the Director, leads the team to manage high profile projects from inception to completion.
- · Looks for opportunities to enhance internal and external communications vehicles, while prioritizing community engagement and collaboration.
- · Alongside the Director, delivers best-in-class executive communications counsel and support; ensures a high level of accuracy and flexibility in creating and adapting content for a variety of audiences.
- · Collaborates with government to execute comprehensive communication plans for government-funded initiatives; responds quickly and strategically to government requests for ideas and information; proactively promotes BCIT across all levels of government.
- · As part of the Marketing and Communications management team, provides budget recommendations for the department. Examples may include: monitoring budgets related to media and content procurement, media sponsorship and partnerships, and cost/benefit analysis of advertorial and editorial opportunities.
BENEFITS OF WORKING AT BCIT:
- · Being a part of BC's Top 100 Employers, and a member of the CCDI
- · A generous Total Compensation package which includes extended health and dental benefits and a pension plan.
- · Access to Professional Development Funds and opportunities for career development.
- · Increase your knowledge with Tuition waivers for BCIT courses.
- · Enjoy subsidized parking and discounted access to our fitness facilities (including classes like Yoga and Zumba).
- · Additional Wellness and Employee Assistance programs.
- · Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, English, Communications, or a related discipline.
- · Minimum of five years of current and relevant experience in a large, complex organization.
- · Superb writing capabilities; ability to write quickly, persuasively, clearly and adaptively on a variety of subjects.
- · Ability and willingness to meet the Senior Team’s expectations for written style and content, and to accept revisions rapidly and effectively.
- · Strong presentation and verbal communication skills with exceptional business and political acumen.
- · Proven ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships at all levels of the organization.
- · Experience leading crisis communications in a large-scale, complex environment in matters of emergency or time sensitivity.
- · Skilled at exercising tact and diplomacy while maintaining the highest levels of professionalism and customer service.
- · Proven management of multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment while effectively handling changing priorities.
- · Self-motivated with proven ability to work independently and as a team player.
- · Availability to work evenings and weekends as required.
START DATE: June 4, 2018
COMPETITION NUMBER: 18M154
OPEN DATE: May 5, 2018
CLOSING DATE: May 26, 2018
BCIT offers a competitive salary, generous benefits package and promotes an inclusive workplace. BCIT is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. If selected for an interview, candidates will be required to present original copies of credentials.
To apply, visit us online at careers.bcit.ca