The G. Raymond Chang School of Continuing Education at Ryerson University
The G. Raymond Chang School of Continuing Education at Ryerson University is Canada’s foremost provider of university-based adult education, facilitating access to the University’s renowned, professionally relevant courses and programs. Our mission is to provide accessible lifelong learning through innovative programming that empowers adults to reach their life and career goals. We offer 78 certificate programs (26 of which can be completed entirely online), 13 part-time degree programs, and 57 course series. Our Experiential Learning Exchange (ELX) offers self-driven instruction that emphasizes hands-on, project-based learning and connects students with experienced industry leaders through coaching, master classes, and professional networking.
With annual enrolments of over 70,000, The Chang School is a superior provider of flexible, accessible programming. For more information, visit www.ryerson.ca/ce.
The Chang School is looking for a creative and strategic Production Coordinator-Editor to be part of a dynamic Marketing Communications (MarComm) team. This position is responsible for writing, editing and finalizing marketing and communication materials for print and online formats according to The Chang School’s communication standards. The successful incumbent will also coordinate integrated marketing communication initiatives and production of marketing materials to ensure quality output and timely delivery.
- Write, revise, proof and finalize communication materials ensuring accuracy and consistency with Chang School communication standards and styles for web and print
- Copy-write materials for in-house production (e.g. flyers) ensuring information presented to the market about a program is accurate/complete, and is appropriate to the target audience
- Coordinate and implement an integrated marketing communications plan that includes various channels from print, online, social media and the ability to analyze and provide metrics to measure effectiveness
- Coordinate the production of marketing materials; sets production/print specifications; obtains competitive quotes from suppliers; identifies distribution channels for materials when necessary. Liaises with contracted suppliers to ensure that quality control, scheduling, invoicing, etc. are achieved
- Edit academic information on MarComm databases and Ryerson’s Administrative Management Self Service (RAMSS) ensuring accuracy and following established procedures for presenting academic content.
- Successful completion of a post-secondary diploma program is required.
- A minimum of three years of relevant work experience in the field of Marketing and Communications, with responsibility for writing/editing/producing communication materials for print and/or online format, blogs and social media required
- Relevant experience working in a busy advertising agency or similar environment; possess a strong knowledge of marketing principles, digital strategies and print production; experience in advertising, social media, website management, brand management
- Experience working on a range of production styles/types and has been responsible from concept to final product
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, critical thinking and project coordination skills to ensure accuracy and consistency with all Chang School communication standards and styles
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, Google Gmail, social media, website management and various desktop publishing programs to copy-write and flow content to flyers, brochures, posters ensuring accuracy and completeness and appropriateness for a target audience