JOB TITLE – MARKETING & EVENTS COORDINATOR
LENGTH OF POSITION - 12 Month Contract (min.) with the option for an extended timeframe.
BWT requires a youthful, dynamic, basketball (sports) minded marketing expert to help with the marketing, advertisement, promotions and development of BWT’s adult and youth programs. In addition, this individual will help work the Sponsorship & Partnerships Coordinator to develop key strategic partnerships and sponsorships from local businesses and organizations. This is a part-time paid position for approximately 30-35+ hours per week.
Reporting to the Director and/or the Program Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for, but not limited to:
• Lead the current marketing and promotion initiatives around BWT’s adult and youth basketball programs.
• Identify areas to target growth, program participation and development by searching for opportunities across corporate and community organizations as well as individuals.
• Manage all marketing and communication campaigns to key fundraising partners and participants.
• Develop key marketing plans, tools and relationships as well as helping to execute those initiatives and enhance them over time.
• Maintaining constant communication with customers, partners and help track participation involvement and partner return on investment.
• Prepare weekly and monthly summaries of marketing communications and initiatives for the Director.
• Keep up to date on marketing trends and innovative tools within the industry.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS REQUIREMENTS
• Previous marketing experience within the direct to customer sports market.
• Proven ability to develop and secure partnerships with local business and organizations.
• Knowledge and passion for marketing in the local sports professional and grassroots community.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, including experience of working within the corporate and public realm.
• Excellent organizational, time management and problem-solving skills
• Positive, enthusiastic and committed to getting the job done
• Ability to manage a varied workload, work under pressure and meet deadlines
• Reliable, punctual, hard work and motivated self-starter who likes to build things from scratch.
• Highly proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel) and the willingness and ability to learn quickly.
• Knowledge and interest in the game of basketball, the basketball industry in the city, or the NBA, or NCAA Basketball or CIS basketball are assets.
UNIQUE WORKING HOURS
Your commitment to BWT would involve mainly weekdays 10am - 5pm with at least 1 day required to work a weeknight 1-9pm or weekend 9-4 or 1-8pm shift.
This is a paid position per hour with a range of $17.50-$20 per hour currently. The actual amount will be determined based on the experience of the candidate.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply online at www.bwt.ca, by clicking on ABOUT and then JOBS. Use the online application form to apply. Only candidates, we are interested in interviewing will be contacted back based on fit for this position and the culture of BWT.
For more information, please contact Michael Reio at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone 416.889.8727.