Marketing Content Specialist job, downtown Toronto, immediate start, 3 month contract $20-$25 per hour
As the Marketing Content Specialist (ref 1063922), you will be supporting marketing for Hays across the country, with specific focus on developing and writing thought leadership and sales content, with the opportunity to flex your creative muscles and carry out simple design work to promote the content.
Your new company
You will be joining Hays, the global leaders in recruitment, this year celebrating our 50th anniversary in powering the world of work. Find out more about working at Hays https://www.hays.ca/workingathays
Working within the North America marketing team, based in Toronto, you will be exposed to a variety of marketing areas. This is a great opportunity to learn and improve a range of marketing skills and gain exposure to a strategic operational marketing environment. Be part of a fun, passionate team of people who are proving that marketing is a business driver.
Your new role
This is a very fast paced environment so you must be accustomed to pivoting on projects and adapting quickly to changing priorities. If you are an experienced writer with a background in agency or freelance work, boost your resume and portfolio with this corporate marketing role.
This is a 3 month contract role, to help support the team during a busy time.
The following activities are the key responsibilities:
1. Support the execution of the content plan including the development of local thought-leadership such as weekly blog articles, monthly newsletters, whitepapers, reports, salary guides and webinars.
2. Writing sales collateral, flyers and factsheets to support the sales teams
3. Use templates to create simple graphics to support content e.g. blog graphics, white paper layout, formatting of collateral.
4. Ad-hoc marketing support to include but not be limited to;
What you'll need to succeed
- Developing stories for social assets e.g. infographics, slide share etc.
- Developing articles for internal newsletters
- Copy editing and proofing
What you'll get in return
- Must have experience developing business-based thought-leadership. Sales supporting content development is advantageous
- Must have a bachelor’s degree or post-graduate in marketing, communications or business related area of study.
- Attentive to detail and highly analytical.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously in a deadline-driven environment
- Working knowledge of Adobe Illustrator and InDesign CS6 and Microsoft Office.
You will be working with the innovators in recruitment on an exciting new project, in a work hard, play hard environment.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your resume, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you know someone who is a match, pay it forward and pass this job on.