Blake, Cassels & Graydon LLP (Blakes), one of Canada’s largest and most successful law firms, has an immediate opening for an experienced professional to join the Client Relations & Marketing department as a Digital Marketing Specialist. This position is based in our Toronto office.
Reporting to the Communications Manager, this role is responsible for developing and executing the Firm’s online marketing strategy across current and emerging digital channels. The Digital Marketing Specialist will interpret the Firm’s broader marketing strategy to the digital landscape while ensuring both alignment and demonstrable impact.
The successful candidate must be a self-starter with a passion for social, search and digital media. He or she must also have a track record of effectively utilizing current digital media and identifying and developing new media channels to drive awareness, engagement and resulting profitability of both current and prospective clients in a professional services environment. We expect the Digital Marketing Specialist to be a subject-matter expert in digital communications, with experience identifying, buying, developing and delivering digital, search and social media campaigns.
Primary responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
- In partnership with the broader Client Relations & Marketing team, driving the creation and implementation of digital marketing plans and campaigns
Coordinating the social media strategy and scheduling, including content creation, audience targeting and community management
Ensuring the Firm’s website is up to date and meets the Firm’s brand requirements, and that new and campaign-related content is optimized for SEO
Defining and measuring key performance indicators on both current and new digital media and related initiatives in line with the broader Communications and Business Development team objectives
Being the Firm’s leader in social media tools, including training staff on how to leverage the tools
Responding and managing social media inquiries effectively and in a timely manner
Tracking and analyzing key performance indicators as outlined by the Communications and Business Development team
Collaborate with other team members to build innovative integrated marketing strategies (print, email, events, social media, etc.) to reach intended audience and deliver desired outcomes
- Relevant experience working in a digital marketing environment, including online campaigns, audience targeting, community management and online advertising; a strong track record of delivering results in these areas is expected
- A creative thinker with experience and demonstrated results in identifying and motivating target audiences and devising digital campaigns that engage, inform and convert
- Proven knowledge and interest in all things online and an interest in new technologies, marketing and social media trends with an ability to think creatively with respect to new online initiatives
- Strong IT skills, including MS Office, the Internet, CMS tools and email tools
- Flexible with excellent organizational skills and the ability to use own initiative, while being able to handle a number of tasks and projects simultaneously
- Collaborative approach with an ability to work in a small team
- A team player with strong communications skills, including writing, presenting and editorial skills
- Demonstrated ability to anticipate and creatively solve problems and resolve issues
- A strong commitment to own learning and development as well as a commitment to coaching and supporting colleagues
- Certification in Google AdWords and Google Analytics is a plus; if the successful applicant does not have these qualifications, they must obtain them within the first three months of their tenure
- Knowledge of HTML, video production and Photoshop would be an advantage