Are you a social media expert that cares as much about engaging your community as you do about growing reach? Do you have an innate understanding of when it’s time to promote and when it's time to just be super helpful and supportive? Do you believe that a strong social media effort actually makes a difference in the growth trajectory of a brand? If so, read on!
Format is looking for a passionate, experienced Social Media Specialist to join our mission to further entrench Format as the world’s leading online portfolio builder and platform for visual artists. Part promoter, part advocate, part builder, as our a social media specialist, you’ll report to our Head of Direct Marketing and will be responsible for driving “the social” in our new customer growth engine. A literal social media dynamo, you’ll be responsible for planning, creating, and managing all Format social media channels, and social communication campaigns across all key social media platforms including Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. You’ll create your own channel specific content but also have access to our massively popular and industry recognized Format Magazine content.
You will also be in charge of engaging with our followers, answering any questions people have on supported channels, and building a community of artists online. And of course you revel in the reporting and learning on the performance of all social initiatives.
We all know that social success isn’t created in a vacuum, so you’ll also work very closely and collaboratively with our SEO Manager, Marketing Copywriter and Graphic Designer.
Desired Skills and Experience:
As our Social Media Specialist you’ll have lots to do so you’ll need to have a minimum of 3 years of demonstrated expertise in:
- Brand and Business Growth: You’ve driven significant new customer growth by scaling and managing a significant following across various platforms including Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. You’ve also planned and executed social media and communication campaigns that align with the long term marketing strategy and brand.
- Social Operations: You’re able expertly manage and schedule a large volume of social posting across multiple platforms and set monthly content calendars. You’re a pro at collaborating with design on social content generation and responding to questions/comments from followers and engaging with users in discussion groups.
- Social/Technical Passion: You monitor cultural and social media trends, keep on top of the competitive landscape and test and learn new ways to engage with customers via social, keeping a close watch on new opportunities and ideas across the social media landscape and continually apply that knowledge to increase traffic, brand awareness and engagement. Deep understanding of social platforms. You have experience using analytics and research to drive business decisions, are comfortable using editing software, such as Adobe and/or Photoshop and to you, social media management software (i.e. Hootsuite, Buffer) are second nature.
What we’d like to see in our ideal candidate:
- You are inventive and resourceful and can turn your ideas quickly into implementations. We move fast, but we are smart about it.
- You are curious by nature and are continually seeking the insights, conversations and concepts that resonate best with customers/your audience.
- You are super organized but equally focused on getting things done.
- You believe in collaboration and enjoy adding value and getting value by engaging with every team member and department that touches the customer experience.
- You’re probably your own toughest critic and have an internal drive to continually deepen engagement levels and drive reach with social strategies, content and tactics that helps the entire team succeed.
- You are absolutely passionate about the creative and visual artist community.
Some of the benefits of working at Format include:
- We have an amazing team that will be eager to help you succeed in your role. Learn more about us: http://wayswework.io/features/format
- We pay competitive salaries and have flexible vacation and work-from-home policies
- We provide great benefits: extended health, dental, life, and disability
- We frequently celebrate hitting milestones after work (or in the middle of the day if it’s sunny)
- We're proudly self-funded. We answer to our community and no one else!
- In-office perks: a desk equipped with an Aeron chair and top-notch Apple gear (take a peek here), curating what music gets played over our office speakers, yummy catered lunches on Mondays, and drinking as much espresso as you need.
This is a full-time position based in Toronto, ON.
To apply, please fill out this form.
Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. No recruiters, please.
Format is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a work environment that is both diverse and inclusive. You will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, ethnicity, creed, disability, or age.