Farm Business Consultants (FBC) has helped to Make Life less Taxing for Farm and Small Business owners across Canada for 65 years. With over 50,000 Members from British Columbia to Nova Scotia, FBC brings together a strong team of tax experts with one of Canada’s most sophisticated tax engines to ensure our Members pay the least amount of taxes over the long run. Our customers benefit from our industry leading Membership model that provides year round services. Members count on FBC for proactive tax planning, business consulting, the best possible tax return, and the security of audit protection through their Membership. Please visit us at www.fbc.ca to learn more about our service and product offerings.
FBC is Canada’s largest farm and small business tax specialist. We provide a specialized in-home farm and business tax service that is second to none.
We are currently seeking a proactive and outgoing individual, someone who enjoys meeting new people and has a warm, conversational communication style, to support our Business Development Reps in reaching sales goals at our London, ON office.
As our Business Development Coordinator (BDC), you will provide key support to our Business Development Representatives by promoting FBC services. You will cultivate leads through research, web chat, social media, and outbound calling. The BDC role demands a high degree of professionalism at all times. You will also carry out daily tasks to keep the department functioning smoothly, including gathering information and tracking data. Organizational skills are necessary as is the ability to multi-task and switch between duties. As our Business Development Coordinator, you will act as a liaison between Members (clients), prospects and sales staff, therefore solid communication skills are a must.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE ROLE
To succeed in this role, you will possess a positive attitude, high energy, and:
- Competency in cultivating sales through researching, social media and converting leads into appointments.
- A drive to reach goals and to achieve targets.
- Strong cold calling and networking skills with the ability to build relationships over the phone.
- Skills in using social media platforms to create brand awareness and to generate leads and referrals.
- A talent for building relationships quickly with prospects, colleagues and customers.
- Effective communication skills and a warm personality, in person and over the phone.
- The capability to work independently with very little supervision, but also the ability to take direction and collaborate within a team environment.
- Proficiency in processing orders and reports, demonstrating your attention to detail.
- A strong sense of organization and a comfort level with working in a fast paced environment.
- Technical skills that include the ability to type at a reasonable rate.
- The capacity and interest to learn new things quickly and to grow within the company.
- A willingness to take on new concepts and to apply them in creative ways.
To support our Business Development Reps you will:
- Partner with Marketing to actively seek out and cultivate leads online to convert into appointments.
- Actively seek out appointment opportunities through cold-calling and building relationships over the phone.
- Research target markets and work with team membersto build prospect lists and to implement plans for connecting with prospects in these areas.
- Manage webchat by receiving inquiriesand converting inbound opportunities into appointments.
- Work with Marketing to implement social media marketing with the goal of achieving inbound leads and brand recognition.
- Proactively reach out to prospects in our target markets to build relationships and to nurture those relationships in order to generate appointments with an FBC representative.
- Manage relationships with current Members and develop new relationships with prospects, providing education of services.
- Develop and maintain a client and prospect database for booking appointments, managing a sales funnel and developing follow up schedules (Microsoft CRM).
- Look after basic administrative duties including reporting on sales activities and results.
- Schedule daily meetings between the Business Development Representative and potential Members.
- A 2 year business admin or marketing diploma and/or equivalent work experience.
- A minimum of a grade 12 education.
- Proficient working knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite of products.
- Experience in outbound calling – delivering measurable results – is a strong asset.
- 1 year or more of sales experience (preferably in Tele-Sales and/or with intangibles or services) will be highly regarded.
- Microsoft 365 or other Customer Relationship Management (CRM)/database software experience is an asset.
A career with FBC provides:
- An opportunity to build a long and rewarding career in an established and well-respected organization that provides variety and ongoing training within a supportive team environment.
- A pride in knowing that you have had the opportunity to grow FBC market share through the acquisition of new Members.
- Career advancement opportunities – FBC has a promote from within focus.
- Full benefits including Medical, Dental, Life, Disability coverage, and a Health Spending Account.
- Regular staff social events.
- A charitable donation matching program for all staff.
Join us and build a career with FBC!
Please submit current cover letter and resume, in one document, via our Careers page at www.fbc.ca. Search for job i.d. 2017-1533 and click on the "Apply for this job online" button at the bottom of the job posting.
This posting will be active until November 2, 2017, or until a suitable candidate is found.
Please note: while we thank all who are interested and apply for jobs at FBC, only those selected to proceed through the hiring process will be contacted.
Sales sales sales sales sales marketing marketing marketing marketing marketing networking networking networking networking networking relationships communication relationships communication relationships communication relationships communication relationships communication prospect prospect prospect prospect prospect leads leads leads leads leads leads leads leads calling calling calling target market target market target market promotion hunting presenting proposing booking scheduling appointment educating social media promotion hunting presenting proposing booking scheduling appointment educating social media promotion hunting presenting proposing booking scheduling appointment educating social media
FBC is committed to maintaining a respectful and inclusive workplace. We strive to provide accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation may be made at any stage of the recruitment and selection process providing the applicant meets the bona-fide requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.
To receive a copy of a job posting in an alternative format, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.