Are you interested in coordinating the development and implementation of advertising plans and contracts with partnership agencies and sponsors on behalf of the Ontario Investment Office (OIO) in its domestic and international facing mandate? Do you want to secure increased investment in key sectors while strengthening the overall competitiveness of Ontario firms? If so, then join the Strategic Marketing Unit of the Marketing and Creative Services Branch in this exciting opportunity!
What can I expect to do in this role?
In this role, you will:
• Provide advertising expertise and strategic advice in the research and delivery of advertising plans, initiatives and creative campaigns
• Research, negotiate, advise on and implement specific advertising contracts (print, digital and social)
• Collaborate with advertising agencies to develop, monitor and oversee project plans and controls
• Discuss, analyze, advise on and recommend advertising implementation campaigns and priorities to meet OIO objectives
• Oversee advertising agencies contracted to develop and execute advertising initiatives in line with approved plans
• Lead the preparation and delivery of presentations for the Manager, Director and Assistant Deputy Minister, and materials to support position papers, cost analyses and annual advertising budget
• Discuss and build marketing partnership initiatives with other ministries, federal government counterparts and stakeholder representatives
• Develop, initiate and report on sponsorship proposals and contracts across multiple partnership channels such as print, social, digital, event program components
• Build and maintain a network of industry relationships
• Liaise with media planning, advertising, and events/public relations companies to execute advertising programs
• Represent OIO interests in negotiations with industry partners/vendors.
How do I qualify?
• You have knowledge of principles, techniques, tools and strategies of advertising, public relations, creative design, media/public relations, multi-media campaigns, place branding, social network advertising, media sites, banner ads, market research analysis and investment promotion
• You have knowledge of new media advertising methods, campaigns and promotions
• You have strategic/business planning knowledge to plan and execute advertising programs
• You have knowledge of the role and processes of advertising and retail agencies, advertising graphic and print production techniques and processes
• You have knowledge of procurement principles, policies, procedures, restrictions, directives, standing agreements, relevant legislation, and contract management
• You have knowledge of procurement trends and developments in the private sector
• You have knowledge of practices related to contract agreements such as contract law, competitive bidding practices, and leasing and licensing options
Project Management and Leadership Skills:
• You have knowledge of partnership development techniques to oversee agencies on contract, and to discuss strategy with partners, sponsors and outside suppliers
• You have excellent project management and team leadership skills to develop and coordinate project plans and budget administration, including project cost estimates, budgetary control and timelines
• You are able to provide guidance to external service providers and to evaluate project progress and deliverables
Analytical and Evaluative Skills:
• You have excellent analytical skills to assess research, studies, suggestions, analyses, recommendations and information
• You are able to evaluate the data and analyses compiled, assessed and presented by the advertising agencies
• You have effective evaluative skills to evaluate and determine approach and ensure alignment and integration across all advertising and marketing media
• You can research effectively to assess advertising trends, potential opportunities, creative options and technologies
Communication and Interpersonal Skills:
• You have excellent oral and written communication skills to write and present plans, strategies reports and briefings
• You have influential and consensus building skills to enlist support and promote buy-in for new ideas and approaches, present procurement options and to influence senior management
• You have effective negotiating, team building and stakeholder relations skills to coordinate advertising initiatives and media engagement and to represent OIO interests in negotiations with sponsors/partners/vendors
• You are able to lead team-building, and promote relationships between partners, sponsors and stakeholders
Salary Range: $1,373.19 - $1,680.25 per week
- 1 Permanent, 2 Queen Street E, Toronto, Toronto Region
Please apply online, only, by Tuesday, October 24, 2017, by visiting www.ontario.ca/careers and entering Job ID 112303 in the Job ID search field. Please follow the instructions to submit your application. Faxes are not being accepted at this time.
If you require accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/ContactUs.aspx to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with Ontario’s Human Rights Code.