The Event Marketing Specialist is a crucial member of The Globe and Mail marketing team, responsible for the end-to-end planning and successful execution of assigned events, including pre-event marketing promotions, onsite execution, speaker and sponsor management, P&L management, measurement and reporting.
Working closely with the Head of Event Content, Event Program Manager and the rest of the marketing team, this proactive self-starter will deliver exceptional event experiences that uphold The Globe’s high brand standards, showcase our best-in-class storytelling, and meet the needs of The Globe and Mail’s discerning audience. They will be supported by The Globe and Mail Centre events team, a range of best-in-class vendors, external creative agency, and internal content marketing teams.
- Working collaboratively with the Head of Event Content, develop the overall event concept and positioning
- Proactively manage all aspects of the event execution including, but not limited to, pre-event promotional planning, workback schedules, the coordination of vendors, staffing, speaker and sponsor management, and coordination of AV needs
- Develop branding and marketing collateral as needed for the launch and promotion of assigned events, including logo assets, ad creative templates, eblasts, backdrops, onsite signage etc.
- Manage the event P&L, ensuring expenses are in line with budgets
- Degree or diploma with preference for candidates with a degree in event marketing management.
- Requires broad-based knowledge with understanding of branding, content marketing, social media marketing and event planning
- Strong organization, problem solving, time management and event planning skills.
- Adept at juggling priorities in an extremely fast-paced environment
- Strong decision-making skills
- Able to perform under pressure
- Willing to work flexible and outside business hours
Interested applicants should forward a soft copy of a current resume, in confidence to The Globe and Mail’s Careers Page.
Please quote the posting code 2018-007 at the top of your resume or in your cover letter.
The Globe and Mail Inc is dedicated to equity in the workplace.
At The Globe and Mail, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible work environment, where all employees feel valued, respected and supported. The Globe and Mail offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities as part of its recruitment process. If you are contacted to arrange for an interview, please advise us if you require an accommodation.