Osler, Hoskin & Harcourt LLP is one of Canada’s leading business law firms with over 400 lawyers based in offices in Toronto, Montréal, Ottawa, Calgary, Vancouver and New York. Osler advises many of Canada’s corporate leaders, as well as U.S. and international parties with extensive interest in Canada
Osler prides itself on attracting and maintaining some of the brightest talent in the legal arena. Our lawyers, students, management and staff have created a unique firm culture which nurtures mentoring and the exchange of ideas. Osler is a dynamic and exciting place to further your career or carve out a new path
Osler is currently recruiting for a Business Development Coordinator in our Toronto Office.
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
- Assist with the implementation of strategic business development and marketing plans for assigned practice groups and geographic areas
- Work with the proposal team in response to RFPs, credentials and other documentation requests from practice group lawyers and clients
- Work with the market recognition team to prepare practice group submissions to approved ranking services and directories
- Assist in identifying and evaluating new business opportunities and targets, facilitating cross-selling initiatives and participating on client-specific teams
- Conduct competitive intelligence research in connection with potential clients or markets, market developments and competitor activities
- Maintain practice group deal sheets, manage league table submissions, and assist in the drafting of matter descriptions for internal and external use
- Prepare weekly and ad hoc intelligence reports for the assigned practice groups using various external tools such as Capital IQ, Mergermarket and FP Infomart
- Participate in and prepare materials for practice group partner meetings, both locally and nationally
- Assist in the planning and execution of client seminars, major client events and other educational initiatives, including assisting with production of handouts and collateral materials, managing guest lists in CRM, and coordinating with follow up activities
- Work with the marketing team to update web content and client facing materials for the assigned practice groups
- Perform other duties as required to assist the client development department
Education and Experience
University or college diploma (preferably in marketing or finance) plus a minimum of one to two years of relevant experience in the financial sector. An equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be acceptable.
Knowledge and Skills
- Confident, proactive, and highly organized individual with superb attention to detail.
- Discretion and a strong client service orientation are essential.
- Flexibility with respect to hours of work.
- Excellent time management skills and disciplined execution and follow through skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proficient in MS Office including PowerPoint, MS Outlook, Excel.
- Must be a self-starter and be highly motivated to handle a fast paced environment.
- A team player who also works well independently.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Osler; however, only chosen applicants will be contacted. Osler is an equal opportunity employer, and we welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Please note that any offer of employment will be conditional upon background and reference checks, including a criminal record check, credit check, and employment and educational verifications.
If you have the required background with the ability to provide exceptional customer service and wish to work in one of Canada’s leading law firms, please reply in confidence with a cover letter and résumé by the closing date to:
Osler, Hoskin & Harcourt LLP
P.O. Box 50, 1 First Canadian Place
Toronto, Ontario M5X 1B8